2016 CTCT - seeding

Roadie_

Hi folks

Does anyone know if the 2015 47km CTCT is going to count as a seeding event for the 2016 CTCT?

Hopefully not.

Organisers are encouraging entrants to do a social ride this year, and I am planning just that by even dropping back 2+ hours to ride with others.

Answer might be on another thread, but I've not found it.

Cheers - enjoy the day.

i asked the same earlier, but no responses yet, so it probably hasn't been declared yet, what the plan is. I'm hoping everyone that's entered for this year's 'event', will have their seedings for this year 'frozen' without penalties until next year's CTCT. Fair exchange for full distance pricing on a less than half distance event this year.

i asked the same earlier, but no responses yet, so it probably hasn't been declared yet, what the plan is. I'm hoping everyone that's entered for this year's 'event', will have their seedings for this year 'frozen' without penalties until next year's CTCT. Fair exchange for full distance pricing on a less than half distance event this year.

I think it will, however it needs to meet the criteria of either 80km or more in distance, or more than 750m in elevation gain to not attract a 15 point penalty. Im pretty sure the winners time will also be hecticly adjusted and the beta will be extremely low.

I reckon that the CTCT organisers would've explicitly encouraged participants to not race but peacefully roll along if they intended it to be so like Moonlight Mass pace.

Edited by ' Dale

Wish we would get clarity soon so that we can plan Sunday's strategy

Take timing chip and "race", or leave it at home, drop back to slower group and cruise

And also what about the R400 people paid for the 2nd lap?

Take timing chip and "race", or leave it at home, drop back to slower group and cruise

a bad result doesn't penalise you. It just won't improve your seeding. Take your chip

Guest Smimby

You will NOT be able to enter the start chute without you chip. Edited by Smimby

From the cycle tour website:

1.5       The Cycle Tour will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped for reasons of safety. In this event, entry fees are not refundable.

Yowsers, the 2015 tour hasn't even taken place yet and already thinking about 2016...

Even if this tour was to count towards your seeding, the weighting of this ride wouldn't be anywhere near the weighting of other rides throughout the season.  So I highly doubt it would affect your seeding at all.  If this was your only race this season, then I'm fairly certain that the organisers would take cognizance of the fact that it's not really a race anymore.

FYI - from Cycletour website:

5. I don’t want to race on Sunday, but just enjoy the ride to honour the firefighters. Will this count negatively towards my seeding for next year?

No it will not negatively impact on your 2016 seeding.

6. Will the Cape Town Cycle Tour #Showyoucaresolidarityride be a timed event?
Yes, it will be but it will not negatively affect your seeding for the 2016 event.

7. How can I improve my seeding for 2016?
We recommend cyclists participate in premier seeding events throughout the year to improve your seeding for 2016.

8. Must I wear a RaceTec chip?
Yes. The RaceTec chip is linked to your online profile which contains crucial medical and contact information which is used in emergencies.

FYI - from Cycletour website:

5. I don’t want to race on Sunday, but just enjoy the ride to honour the firefighters. Will this count negatively towards my seeding for next year?

No it will not negatively impact on your 2016 seeding.

6. Will the Cape Town Cycle Tour #Showyoucaresolidarityride be a timed event?

Yes, it will be but it will not negatively affect your seeding for the 2016 event.

7. How can I improve my seeding for 2016?

We recommend cyclists participate in premier seeding events throughout the year to improve your seeding for 2016.

8. Must I wear a RaceTec chip?

Yes. The RaceTec chip is linked to your online profile which contains crucial medical and contact information which is used in emergencies.

Thanks