2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Rob22: I presume you are you part of the race organization. It is very good to have you here. Kudos.

My I ask, what is your role in the organization?

Hi

I run the start and thing related to start like vehicles, racing teams etc. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planning on racing the first lap hard in A batch. I then want to do a second loop with some friends and help them through. If I wear the chip, my first lap results are going to be lost and over-written. How do you solve this problem if you have to wear a chip?

Not doing a double for any charity or anything and I am seeded in A batch. just want to help a few friends on the second loop.

Any suggestions....

You will need to chip to get into the gates for the second time. Once you get to the line, if you can hold your chip away from the mats. I think they will be able to see both times you crossed the line but best if they only get your first crossing.

We are on the start line and will help if needed when you start your second lap.

You will need to chip to get into the gates for the second time. Once you get to the line, if you can hold your chip away from the mats. I think they will be able to see both times you crossed the line but best if they only get your first crossing.

We are on the start line and will help if needed when you start your second lap.

More and more people seem to have an interest in the second lap every year and the same questions come up over and over, it might be worthwhile for the organisers to put out something official around it? (I'm of course assuming there is no such thing and that I not just an idiot who missed it ;) )

Planning on racing the first lap hard in A batch. I then want to do a second loop with some friends and help them through. If I wear the chip, my first lap results are going to be lost and over-written. How do you solve this problem if you have to wear a chip?

Not doing a double for any charity or anything and I am seeded in A batch. just want to help a few friends on the second loop.

Any suggestions....

If you're really concerned about your timing chip picking up then ride your second lap faster than lap 1, then you won't have a problem with time

If you're really concerned about your timing chip picking up then ride your second lap faster than lap 1, then you won't have a problem with time

whahahaha problem solved....but I do understand the concern (also doing a second)

I'm also doing a second lap, and if I had any concern about the timing chip picking up or not on lap 2 thereby affecting my lap 1 time, then I would reconsider lap 2. 

I'm not in the running for prize money, I have other races that can get me the seeding I need - this is my fun ride event for the year #FunRideBWorldChamps

More and more people seem to have an interest in the second lap every year and the same questions come up over and over, it might be worthwhile for the organisers to put out something official around it? (I'm of course assuming there is no such thing and that I not just an idiot who missed it ;) )

Used to be easy. Chip on lap 1 and no chip on lap 2. 

Ag, just going to roll all the laps with chip on, maybe even go over some mats a few times... if it breaks Racetec, then that will teach them to force me to ride with a chip :)

Hubbers, all the best of luck for Sunday.

I hope that everybody has a brilliant ride.

Keep is safe & fast & have fun !!!!

Half the problem with '2 lappers' is the amount of noise being made about it. Draws unnecessary attention but those who've done it know what to do .....

Archived