Tokai and Silvermine to remain closed to the public

News bot

The question was what can you bring that helps?

You do want to help don't you?

Sorry, edited my reply.

I'm not on the committee. Previously my suggestions have been met with disdain by some of the committee members.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit - you edit quickly ..

We are working on a lot and if it bears fruit it will be well worth the wait.

Sorry, was an afterthought. Didn't think you'd reply that quickly

Sorry, edited my reply.

I'm not on the committee. Previously my suggestions have been met with disdain by some of the committee members.

Not every idea will work - but that said the committee in its current form is starting to dig in and get a lot of work done.

Sorry, was an afterthought. Didn't think you'd reply that quickly

I'm bored [emoji1]

To put it in perspective I have put more hours into the committee work over the last month than I have at my actual work. My wife is getting very ratty with me over the lack of an income and I may well appear at a traffic light near you with a begging bowl and a well practiced hungry look.

I'm bored [emoji1]

To put it in perspective I have put more hours into the committee work over the last month than I have at my actual work. My wife is getting very ratty with me over the lack of an income and I may well appear at a traffic light near you with a begging bowl and a well practiced hungry look.

I expect that my purchases of coffee may increase in the future

I expect that my purchases of coffee may increase in the future

Clearly you are slacking because I ran out days ago  :lol:

I keep rocking up at Deon's place under the pretense of getting stuff done when in reality it is simply because he has coffee.

.. and still buzzing. (PS Folder shared and issues uploaded. Will be editing for some time still. Document structured to populate with info)

.. and still buzzing. (PS Folder shared and issues uploaded. Will be editing for some time still. Document structured to populate with info)

I'm ferreting about in there now.

After the coffee fest earlier I will be awake until three AM or so anyway.

Where's that topic about the meeting tomorrow at The Range?  Is that still happening?  What time?

Apparently SANParks are meeting on 5 May to give feedback on when the mountain will open.

I haven't seen any info on the TokaiMTB FB page or twitter

This from the Trail and Tar newsletter

"SANPARKS TOKAI meeting!!!

PLEASE folks, ensure that you make the effort to attend the meeting on 5th May at 19:30 at The Range, in Tokai. Sanparks will be giving feedback on when the mountain will re open, and we need to be there to show our displeasure as to how badly this whole thing has been handled.

If you are unhappy, make sure that you are there to have you voice heard!!!"

I see that TokaiMTB has posted it now

Notice for Table Mountain National Park talk: 5 May, 7:30pm, The Range.

"The Zwaanswyk Association of Property Owners would like to extend an invitation to Tokai residents [and others affected by reserve closures] to attend a talk by Gavin Bell of SANParks on the 5th May at 7.30pm at The Range. He will be talking about the closure of the park, rehabilitation plans and possible land-slides that could happen as a result of all the tree clearances.

There will be a cash bar and it is hoped that people can stay after the talk and socialize together."

Where's that topic about the meeting tomorrow at The Range?  Is that still happening?  What time?

FYI

Apples = Oranges? Nope!

Same Park, same obstacles?

Just 1 little difference between Tokai and the front of Table Mountain - pine plantations vs no pine plantations. Therefore, in Tokai you have to deal with Cape Pine, logging, rehabilitation of a rare fynbos habitat. All of which is not an issue on the front of the mountain. Currently also, Tokai now has to deal with the aftermath of the devastating fire, again, not an obstacle in the North. Ok, those are a few differences!

I see that TokaiMTB has posted it now

Notice for Table Mountain National Park talk: 5 May, 7:30pm, The Range.

"The Zwaanswyk Association of Property Owners would like to extend an invitation to Tokai residents [and others affected by reserve closures] to attend a talk by Gavin Bell of SANParks on the 5th May at 7.30pm at The Range. He will be talking about the closure of the park, rehabilitation plans and possible land-slides that could happen as a result of all the tree clearances.

There will be a cash bar and it is hoped that people can stay after the talk and socialize together."

Please note that this is a talk by Gavin Bell, the guy in charge of Table Mountain National Park, as a way of sharing information with residents living on the borders of the area affected by the recent fires. It will be required of those attending, to actually LISTEN first to what the man has to say. Further note that the meeting is not primarily about mountain biking, so please listen to other users and their concerns also.

as Far as I understand it is a talk about how the neighborhood is gonna be affected. 

The Zwaanswyk Association of Property Owners would like to extend an invitation to Tokai residents to attend a talk by Gavin Bell of SANparks on the 5th May at 7.30pm at The Range.He will be talking about the closure of the park, rehabilitation plans and possible land-slides that could happen as a result of all the tree clearances. 

http://tncw.org.za/events.aspx?aid=223

as Far as I understand it is a talk about how the neighborhood is gonna be affected. 

The Zwaanswyk Association of Property Owners would like to extend an invitation to Tokai residents to attend a talk by Gavin Bell of SANparks on the 5th May at 7.30pm at The Range.He will be talking about the closure of the park, rehabilitation plans and possible land-slides that could happen as a result of all the tree clearances. [/size]

http://tncw.org.za/events.aspx?aid=223

Correct.

Apparently SANParks are meeting on 5 May to give feedback on when the mountain will open.

I haven't seen any info on the TokaiMTB FB page or twitter

This from the Trail and Tar newsletter

"SANPARKS TOKAI meeting!!!

PLEASE folks, ensure that you make the effort to attend the meeting on 5th May at 19:30 at The Range, in Tokai. Sanparks will be giving feedback on when the mountain will re open, and we need to be there to show our displeasure as to how badly this whole thing has been handled.

If you are unhappy, make sure that you are there to have you voice heard!!!"

Still can't get over this crap attitude.. and to still accentuate the last line in red shows TnT's intensions.. Looks very much like he wants the riders to do his bidding. 

Anyway, unless you are part o the ZAPO assoc, or an invited TRA member, the meeting is not open to you to derail.. See TnT FB page for update from the ZAPO board. 

(Edit: Sorry Dave, speaking generally not meaning you personally.)

Edited by ...