How often do you ride alone?

Rocket-Boy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way... Is it possible for someone to track my progress or location on Strava if I use a Smartphone? I can't find a useful answer on their helpdesk forums.

By the way... Is it possible for someone to track my progress or location on Strava if I use a Smartphone? I can't find a useful answer on their helpdesk forums.

You can always use the find my phone option on icloud.

Or find my friends app

I ride alone 99.9% of the time as i struggle to find someone that has a simular pace plus when i join groups i feel like i am loaving when sitting in the bunch. Feel i get more out of a workout when i cycle alone....but ja its sometimes a bit lonely.

I also tell my wife upfront where i am going and how long ill be. Have a cheap R70 nokia that i cycle with thats my phone home device. I leave the 10k phone at home. Had a incident only once so far where she had to come get me after my knee gave up.

Edited by JoeZipp

During the week mostly alone so I keep it safe.

Weekends I never ride alone and thats when the party starts  :clap:

Dirt I ride mostly alone, tar mostly with mates. 

No real reason apart from most of my mates who ride dirt ride wide open fire trails. dirt roads and measure the session by kms. I prefer trail, exploring and sessions.

Im not sure about strava but Endemondo does support live tracking.

99% of the time I ride alone on my MTB, don't have any MTB mates.

I have all the necessary tools and spares in my Camelback, plus a phone and IceID.

I also only ride trails (Spruit being one of them) on Sat and Sun mornings when it's busy. During the week I stick to side of the roads and pavements.

Most of my rides are solo.

I dig the time away from everyone/everything.

I take my phone with always. I've got it wrong before and timed a ride wrong and been caught at delta park in a bad hail storm, but wifey came and picked me up as soon as it had abated.

I also had to be picked up another time after an Otb episode where I broke 2 ribs on the Craighall downhill. Had no saak making the call to a very concerned wife, but she was worried about me not being in a position to call after a bad wipeout

Short punchy stuff 60-120 mins solo

Endurance rides with the chommies

I carry an ID (plastic coated card that I fill in that normally comes with the brand of kit I buy) as there could be a scenario where I am unable to help myself with a cell phone call.

Edited by ' Dale

Guest Frail4Life

100% All the time Solo!

Nobody wishes to join me, dont understand why not.

Any day of the week, anytime when i am free.

Pity i cant tell anybody where and when i am riding, there is no one keeping the beers cold.

Yes i have tried looking for partners!

But When i say i will be cycling through....

Mnthatha

Karoo

Just Timbuckstoo,

Everyone just looses interest!

I do have Strava and Endomondo running.

If i dont cycle fast enough or take too long repairing a flat, i do get strange calls from unlisted numbers!

I do carry spares,

When i say bombs i mean the real Mccoy.

Strange enough once i was cycling around JHB and i Cycled THROUGH ORANGE FARM,

LITTLE DID I KNOW WHAT IT WAS.

Trying enjoy life in the slow lane.

99.9% of the time. Phone and mace is always on me and my medical aid card with emergency contact is in the top of my bag. When I ride with people I also let yhem know where it is just incase they need to phone.

Edited by Pieter1