2015 magalies monster

Runbikeswim

Dont stress, when you get to the top of breedts the climbing is over (sort of), easy from there. Relax and cruise home  :ph34r:

Lies! Filthy, filthy lies!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Website and briefing videos said the route is shorter this year, closer to 75Km, and a week ago the profile also showed 72Km odd. Now it is back up to 78.5Km and climbing increased from about 1500m to 1800m. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think some sites still have last year's profile. The profile link that stillwater mailed me this morning looked like 72.xkm and 1500m ascent. The site is down now, but I'll check again tomorrow.

Entered for my first full. Have done 3 halfs. After Sani the legs are in need of some rest and felt tender on the spinner tonight. Hopefully it's recovered by Sat. Sani day 2 was a looooooooooonnnnnnggg day!!! Hopefully Saturday is shorter ????

Dont stress, when you get to the top of breedts the climbing is over (sort of), easy from there. Relax and cruise home :ph34r:

JCZA, how does MM compare to Sani day 2 in terms of time in the saddle (not difficulty / technical)?

JCZA, how does MM compare to Sani day 2 in terms of time in the saddle (not difficulty / technical)?

Monster will be less time in the saddle. I recon between 15-60 mins. Remember it's 25km shorter but more technical.

Monster will be less time in the saddle. I recon between 15-60 mins. Remember it's 25km shorter but more technical.

Cool. Not too worried about the technical stuff as I'm normally stronger (compared to the field) on the more technical races - compared to the long district road races. The long hours in the saddle is what gets me!

My last 2 Sani day 2 times were 7:15 and 8:10

My last 2 MM times were 5:28 and 5:20

That's big difference. Just out of interest... When did you do the last 2 Sani vs last 2 MM?

My virgin Sani (last week) was 7:08 on day 2; having said that - I was quite a bit stronger than my partner so our pace was dictated by how he felt - so I was happy to ride at the easier pace ????

That's big difference. Just out of interest... When did you do the last 2 Sani vs last 2 MM?

My virgin Sani (last week) was 7:08 on day 2; having said that - I was quite a bit stronger than my partner so our pace was dictated by how he felt - so I was happy to ride at the easier pace [emoji3]

Sani was 4:59 & Monster was 4:45ish but I got lost near the end.

In 2013 I done joberg and sani the same year, I still kakked off doing the monster,,,it's not my friend, I'll rather drive through and buy beers for my broken mates than do it,,,it's rough and tough if you not a machine DEF NOT FOR ME,

Sani was 4:59 & Monster was 4:45ish but I got lost near the end.

Maybe MM should also use the GPS navigation ????

When does one get seeding for this? Only on the day?

Entries close tonigth so it should be on SAS website within the next day or 2.

MM is way tougher than Sani D2 in my opinion.

I hope you're wrong... Else I'm missing the rugby Sat afternoon ????

Archived