2015 magalies monster

Runbikeswim

Hey Guys, just wanted you opinion. I would really like to do the 75km. But not sure if I'm ready to to that distance yet. Longest MTB Race I've done was the 55km 94.7. My last ride on Sunday was two green laps at Thaba, about 35km's, but my leg's were dead at the end, took me 2:10 and I only rode with water.

Will I manage the 75km Monster with proper nutrition if I take it easy?

May be a bit tough to challenge the monster 75km without having one or two similar distance under your belt.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys, just wanted you opinion. I would really like to do the 75km. But not sure if I'm ready to to that distance yet. Longest MTB Race I've done was the 55km 94.7. My last ride on Sunday was two green laps at Thaba, about 35km's, but my leg's were dead at the end, took me 2:10 and I only rode with water.

At 75km with close to 1900m of climbing, I think you are going to suffer. Rather do the 45km and come back stronger and more prepared next year for the 75km

Do the mini, thank me later. 

Oooh eh eh.

Stick to the mini. If you haven't done any tough marathons, don't do the full MM. 

Do the mini, thank me later. 

Haha, thanks, did the mini last year. Told myself I need to get ready for the Monster this year, haven't been training enough. Hopefully I'll be ready for the Monster next year.

I have a few spare entries for the 45 if anyone is still interested PM me.

I have a few spare entries for the 45 if anyone is still interested PM me.

Do you need to do any form of transfer?

Also guys,

Is carrying 1 water bottle and filling up at the water points fine.

I usually use 1 bottle for 2 hours riding.

Im doing the 45km

Yes you can, this will cost the new entrant a R50,00 substitution fee. This can be done via entries@stillwatersports.com

Also guys,

Is carrying 1 water bottle and filling up at the water points fine.

I usually use 1 bottle for 2 hours riding.

Im doing the 45km

what happens if you drop your one water bottle?? take 2 dude, rather have and not need..

what happens if you drop your one water bottle?? take 2 dude, rather have and not need..

Never lost a bottle,

Best cage ever the one i have.

How does registration work.

Walk up give your name and you walk off,

do i need to bring identification.

Never lost a bottle,

Best cage ever the one i have.

How does registration work.

Walk up give your name and you walk off,

do i need to bring identification.

well then you should be good to go. :thumbup:

Nothing more to say.

The Website and briefing videos said the route is shorter this year, closer to 75Km, and a week ago the profile also showed 72Km odd. Now it is back up to 78.5Km and climbing increased from about 1500m to 1800m.  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

The Website and briefing videos said the route is shorter this year, closer to 75Km, and a week ago the profile also showed 72Km odd. Now it is back up to 78.5Km and climbing increased from about 1500m to 1800m.  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Dont stress, when you get to the top of breedts the climbing is over (sort of), easy from there. Relax and cruise home  :ph34r:

Doesn't really matter how far we go or how much we climb....you gotta keep going til it's done....

Doesn't really matter how far we go or how much we climb....you gotta keep going til it's done....

That is the plan

it is not that tough, just do the 75km,  we can have a beer afterwards......

Archived