Happy Easter!!What are your Easter weekend riding plans?

L.T.G

If you are going riding this long weekend, pack some extra Easter eggs and give to some kids in need along the way, make their day! They need it more than you do.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M7 is indeed a no-go for cyclist due to amount of trucks and blind corners where motorist at speed cannot see cyclists up ahead. From South Coast Road we head up Sarnia Road which is adjacent to the M7. Some steady climbing into Pinetown. The 11km desent at 70 plus down the M19 makes up for the effort. What's more, we've had some gorgeous weather for the past two weeks with absolutely no wind what so ever early on. Feeling blessed, euphoric and privileged at the same time. Many cyclist target this race for PB's and most get it right. 

You're not kidding about that climbing! Joh...

And you're right - the m19 is bliss to go down. That little climb to get to the top though...

If you are going riding this long weekend, pack some extra Easter eggs and give to some kids in need along the way, make their day! They need it more than you do.

As nice as the gesture would be, would you be happy getting a melted clump of chocolate?

In Cape Town for the weekend so;

Friday nothing

Sat watching mates run 2Oceans and beer

Sunday nothing. Taking daughter to ride karts for her 17th birthday, and oh beer

Monday nothing, then its back to the darkest Eastern Cape.

Didn't even pack my bike, firet time that's happened

As nice as the gesture would be, would you be happy getting a melted clump of chocolate?

Ill be taping marshmallow ones to my top tube.... make a plan man.

Don't be a negative nancy, where there is a will there is a way. :)

Ill be taping marshmallow ones to my top tube.... make a plan man.

Don't be a negative nancy, where there is a will there is a way. :)

If I tape marshmallow eggs to my bike then I'll see them, and therefore have to eat them.

They give me wobbly knees.

11078111_955045954547348_645210576725104

Friday :Tour Durban Route

Sat: : Suncoast to Ballito and back (on Mtb for resistance).

Sun : Tour Durban Route

Mon : Tour Durban Route

Tues : Regret lack of adequate effort, time and ambition.

You going to cycling up the M7??

Edit: ignore - saw Geralds post and your response afterwards

M7 is indeed a no-go for cyclist due to amount of trucks and blind corners where motorist at speed cannot see cyclists up ahead. From South Coast Road we head up Sarnia Road which is adjacent to the M7. Some steady climbing into Pinetown. The 11km desent at 70 plus down the M19 makes up for the effort. What's more, we've had some gorgeous weather for the past two weeks with absolutely no wind what so ever early on. Feeling blessed, euphoric and privileged at the same time. Many cyclist target this race for PB's and most get it right.

Yes the M7 is the worst road in KZN for a cyclist because it's the feeder highway from the container terminals to the N3. Long lines of huge trucks, but what's worse is that there's no shoulder anywhere up that climb so you are literally in the truck lane. I wouldn't even ride that climb on a dare.

My home is at the top of the M19, so I'm often on that section doing repeats of the climb. 100km of M19 hill repeats gives me well over 2000m climbing :). Have a vague plan in the future to attempt an 'Everest' of the M19. Love that hill.

Doing Harkerville Mtb Trails near Knysna / Plett on Saterday , with boyfriend and a Groupride with the company he work for on sunday.

Will be away for the weekend, pretty close to Botswana

District Roads with hopefully very little soft sand

Also don't really see how an easter egg will benefit a kid in need. Rather a hamburger or sandwich maybe. Something that will actually help with hunger. But, I get it. It's a gesture to lift their spirits and make them happy for a short while...

A couple of quality sessions on Sat and Sun before SA track champs which start on Tues !!

Weekend started. Just knocked off 40.7km around Edenvale. Mainly on foot paths. My Peroni is tasting sooooo good now.

Friday: Montagu to Ladismith

Saturday: Ladiesmith to Laingsburg

Sunday: Laingsburg to Montagu

Anysberg, seweweekspoort and mostly all dirt back roads 90-130kms per day...

Lots of wine , good company, and scenery :)

Stressing a bit cos I'm the only one in the group not training for an ultra marathon this month! But super excited cos this is how one should ride a bike :)

Weekend started. Just knocked off 40.7km around Edenvale. Mainly on foot paths. My Peroni is tasting sooooo good now.

Did that a while back - just rode where we found a path, was very interesting ride around the Vale.

We thinking of doing some geocaching around the vale this weekend - maybe leave some easter eggs around :)

saturday going to try head out to buffelsdrift - been threatening to go for a ride somewhere new - shake up the ol' routine.

stay safe and happy riding peeps.

Archived