Is or is it not Open to ride Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve?

KiNgL

Are they ever going to open up the trails and huts? That is the real tragedy here. If the trails remain closed, I will be very sad. (sniff)

Do you have contact details of the huts? 

It used to be Protea hotels but can't find any details anymore.......

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw on the Friends of Suikerbosrand Facebook page that the Gauteng Dept of Infrastructure and Development released a press release that the Reserve will open again mid June

16th of June is the Target Date

Edit

Sorry, I see its old news

Will be keen to hear from Hubbers who venture forth on the 16th, if all the promises have been honoured?

Will be keen to hear from Hubbers who venture forth on the 16th, if all the promises have been honoured?

We will most likely put a group together for next weekend should no additional bureaucratic interventions take place.  *holding thumbs* 

Can this thread titles spelling please be corrected.

+10000

It has irritated the living crap out of me since day 1.

Planned our Tuesday club ride to stop at the reserve on the way home. Will see what they say at the gate, if there is anyone there.

Am very keen to ride this ( I never have hence me being upset about the closing, kind of like only discovering Nirvana after Kurt didn't like the world anymore) if anybody is planning a ride there next weekend, let me know please.

Am very keen to ride this ( I never have hence me being upset about the closing, kind of like only discovering Nirvana after Kurt didn't like the world anymore) if anybody is planning a ride there next weekend, let me know please.

Haha im in the same boat and i live 5km up the road... itching to get in there with the Jock approaching fast.

If its open next weekend im keen to go and ride, maybe we can put something together

I called them yesterday

They told me the reserve will only be open for hikers and not cyclists,

I asked why and they could not give an answer,Seriously?!

I'll also be keen on riding it next weekend if its open .....tried it ones with my mtb when I just started cycling a couple of years ago ...needless to say I didn't do the full road but would like to try out the roadie once they are open again

This 'saga' reminds me of how things developed (yip the pun intended) at the so called 'eco estates' around Alberhoughton - Meyersdal ...... First we were kicked out and then there was some to and fro-ing with the developer (he of the same name as a 70's singer that I also don't like), promises of access to be allowed but under control. In the end we never got access again and today these are just glorious townhouse complexes.

I sincerely hope that is not where this is headed!

I'll also be keen on riding it next weekend if its open .....tried it once with my mtb when I just started cycling a couple of years ago ...needless to say I didn't do the full road but would like to try out the roadie once they are open again

This 'saga' reminds me of how things developed (yip the pun intended) at the so called 'eco estates' around Alberhoughton - Meyersdal ...... First we were kicked out and then there was some to and fro-ing with the developer (he of the same name as a 70's singer that I also don't like), promises of access to be allowed but under control. In the end we never got access again and today these are just glorious townhouse complexes.

I sincerely hope that is not where this is headed!

Could SBR be opening on a Hot August Night?

Archived