Time to put the bubbles in the fridge to chill.[emoji122]

Funnily enough Ramon the friendly farmer and Rosa did a birthday lunch for Wendy on Saturday and we had champagne towards the end of it. Rosa said at the time "when you get your license we'll drink champagne again here (in her kitchen) and it won't be long, because you are popular"

I guess she meant we were "too nice for things not to work out" - which is perhaps not totally accurate but a nice thought never the less :-)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck and all the best with your plan approvals...

I would've had so many enemies by now with my temper had things not gone my way....

Just reading the way you write shows the patience and strength you possess...

Keep going and keep the adventure coming, as previously said, you are an inspiration....

Regards, Zack

If you have to be stuck somewhere waiting for council officials to sort themselves out, Ainsa is not a bad choice of place to be. . . . .

Zona Zero Route ZZ019 - 23km long, 670m of climbing, 70% single track . . . .

Nothing can spoil this view. Man I love this place.

post-4874-0-31046200-1474405659_thumb.jpg

If you have to be stuck somewhere waiting for council officials to sort themselves out, Ainsa is not a bad choice of place to be. . . . .

Zona Zero Route ZZ019 - 23km long, 670m of climbing, 70% single track . . . .

Nothing can spoil this view. Man I love this place.

You make something stir in us city slicker folk... One day I might just have to up and go... And I feel that day slowly creeping up on me

What a weekend! Yesterday we spent the day picking grapes down in the vineyard, today we spent the day at the farmhouse sorting, stomping and pressing. Tomorrow we will pick again and Tuesday we should finish the last of the processing. Then the grape just must sit for a while :-)  

We've enjoyed it but I can tell you these old guys know how to do a hard days work. And all of it with a chat and a smile - as if it were no work at all.

Here's a pic of Wendy with one of next years "glasses of wine" and the rest of us.

post-4874-0-05034400-1474816828_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-22357900-1474816834_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-21037100-1474816845_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-77779600-1474816852_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

What a weekend! Yesterday we spent the day picking grapes down in the vineyard, today we spent the day at the farmhouse sorting, stomping and pressing. Tomorrow we will pick again and Tuesday we should finish the last of the processing. Then the grape just must sit for a while :-)

We've enjoyed it but I can tell you these old guys know how to do a hard days work. And all of it with a chat and a smile - as if it were no work at all.

Here's a pick of Wendy with one of next years "glasses of wine" and the rest of us.

Awesome

We have heard from the Municipal Architect in Ainsa and he is happy with our house plans and the agreements we have with our neighbours regarding access to our property etc.

He has forwarded our file to the regional architects office in Huesca (the main town nearby) for final approval. . . . we might actually be getting there now!

:-)

We have heard from the Municipal Architect in Ainsa and he is happy with our house plans and the agreements we have with our neighbours regarding access to our property etc.

He has forwarded our file to the regional architects office in Huesca (the main town nearby) for final approval. . . . we might actually be getting there now!

Good news!

Hopefully everything will now start falling in place

Fantastic..

5 days of picking grapes, stomping grapes and eating grapes! All done now - yesterday we finished cleaning up. Now we wait a fortnight for the grape juice to ferment.

We were finished by lunchtime so I was able to get back out on the trails yesterday afternoon for a ride.

5 days of picking grapes, stomping grapes and eating grapes! All done now - yesterday we finished cleaning up. Now we wait a fortnight for the grape juice to ferment.

We were finished by lunchtime so I was able to get back out on the trails yesterday afternoon for a ride.

Looking forward to the next episode of this vintage...

When I was about 5 we went to visit my dad's family in France and Italy.. Italy was our last stop and it was also in Sept and we also helped with the grape harvest.. those couple of days were by far my fondest memories. They even hauled out the old barrel for me to stomp the grapes with my feet.. man it was so much fun.