• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, starting work tomorrow then .... They want me work until the end of the month to see if I like it and if I do they'll give me a 7 month contract through the summer.

Phew 1f642.png

Winner winner chicken dinner! Congrats B!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Had a good first day

The help I've been giving Ramon and Angel on the farm and trail clearing has helped me to learn Spanish names of tools and also the "way" people work over here. It made it a bit easier to get into the swing today. Working with an old chap called Juan - nice guy with a sense of humor.

It's a split day, 10 til 2 and then 4 til 7. Two hours for lunch and a "siesta" during the afternoon. Very common hours over here.

Needed the siesta today !

No work today because of the weather, so time to catch up on our updates and "indoor jobs" :-)

Finally stopped snowing this evening after nearly 40cm of snow had fallen in around 15 hours.

We are officially snowed in - no way to get the cars out until the snow melts or is cleared. As it happens, Ramon has a tractor so he can clear the road from home to the main road if we need to go anywhere.

Looks like another day at home tomorrow . . . .

Finally stopped snowing this evening after nearly 40cm of snow had fallen in around 15 hours.

We are officially snowed in - no way to get the cars out until the snow melts or is cleared. As it happens, Ramon has a tractor so he can clear the road from home to the main road if we need to go anywhere.

Yoh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That is hectic B! I take this snow is entirely unseasonal for Ainsa this time of year?

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

This is the right time of the year for snow, but Ainsa doesn't generally get more than a couple of cm. maybe 5 or 7 at the most. Storm Emma has bought in a whole lot more.

Guaso, where we are, is 4.5 km west of Ainsa and generally gets even less because Ainsa is at the end of an open valley up into the mountains (the Bielsa Valley) where Guaso is not. However this storm has come in from the west and the local authorities can't clear it quick enough.

Being farmers, Ramon & Rosa have a mountain of food and 2000 odd liters of Casa Vino in the cellar, so we should be ok . . . .

Stupid question, but does the snow not pancake a car at a certain point?

If the car is surrounded by 40cm of snow (as it is here right now) you have three problems.

1) Opening the doors. Once inside, the car starts fine :-)

2) Getting the tyres to grip (and we have winter tyres and 4 wheel drive)

3) Shirfting the ever increasing mountain of snow in front or behind you!

I'm in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain on the 5th March for business. Being seeing lots of pictures of snow in the Northern Spain region. Europe is being battered with the cold this year!

Going to be fun...bringing my big jacket :)

I'm in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain on the 5th March for business. Being seeing lots of pictures of snow in the Northern Spain region. Europe is being battered with the cold this year!

Going to be fun...bringing my big jacket :)

You'll be about 4 hrs west of us. That area has taken a battering. Bring a jumper, gloves and scarf with you as well!

Had a good first day

The help I've been giving Ramon and Angel on the farm and trail clearing has helped me to learn Spanish names of tools and also the "way" people work over here. It made it a bit easier to get into the swing today. Working with an old chap called Juan - nice guy with a sense of humor.

It's a split day, 10 til 2 and then 4 til 7. Two hours for lunch and a "siesta" during the afternoon. Very common hours over here.

Needed the siesta today !

I'm sure I'm Spanish, love a siesta in the afternoon.