Andrew Mclean injured after hitting buffalo

gummibear

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!! this could have ended so much worse!!

I totally mis-read the topic header...I though some guy was "miffed" because he picked up weight and qualified himself as a #TREADMTBMAG BUFFALO category...

Now that I've read the article post....Africa is not for sissies!

Heal well Andrew - a small consolation...your'e NOT vested in the Buffalo category as yet!!

you have joined the "elite" ranks of a few that have had real animal encounters...#3 or #4 if I have counted correctly (1 x duiker on Epic; 1 x ??buck on youtube clip; 1 x giraffe encounter (fatal); and now this one..)

way more than that, I'm claiming #1, rhebok on freedom challenge 2008

Just out of curiosity, what does one do when faced with snakes, say you in a trail in snake smack bang in the middle? Drive into bush? Brake and turn around if possible? Try to pass it?

THAT is why you NEED to master you bunny hops, my friend...

Is it in bad taste to let A.M claim all the biltong from that beast?

It's the least anyone can do...not so? #winteriscomming....

THAT is why you NEED to master you bunny hops, my friend...

Maybe to jump bunnies. He needed to master buffalo hops

Ja this outdoor activity stuff has its risks....last weekend we were at Groot Marico with the hounds & my little girl went diving into the bush next to the track we were on, I dived down to grab her collar thinking she may hurt a lizzard or something & found myself face to tail with a puffadder :eek:  :nuke:

It took me a few split seconds to realize what it was, as I havent seen one before & its tail was so fat i thought it was a monitor liard or something, then Smolly heard it hiss & screamed at me.

Couldve ended very badly - was freaked out afterwards.

Are you doing the MTB race at Groot Marico on the 6 June?

Wait a sec. He hits buffalo.. Who in dazed state runs into path of bakkie.. Which kills it and then flees .

Archived