Hollard Juma 2015: bigger, better and more badass than ever!

News bot

R399! Eeeeeeeek, I'll be skipping this year as well I think.

Same here... 399 is just to much. The event is sponsored and we have to fork out that much?

Get real! A major event like 94.7 is cheaper

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IM CLUELESS about costs involved

but a normal race is arounf 250-300, then you get water/powerade/ambualnce and a *** pack no one wants????

i did not do Juma, but from what i am told there was huge work/construction/ramps thats not free, so take a normal race add hiring/buying of all equipment maybe its not so rough??

No way that is a ridiculous price, esp for a race  that had such bad reviews last year. Anyway I don't get out of bed for 54kms (well, not in mid-winter)

but a normal race is arounf 250-300, then you get water/powerade/ambualnce and a *** pack no one wants????

i did not do Juma, but from what i am told there was huge work/construction/ramps thats not free, so take a normal race add hiring/buying of all equipment maybe its not so rough??

Ssssshh... let them not enter  ;) 

More fun for us... shorter queues in the beer tent  :whistling:

Me to no idea what a race would cost to host PROPERLY, and they do you additional costs inc construction of bridges. But would be interested to know what are the number of participants they had last year or expect this year compared to another well supported event like the Nissan trail series.

Entry fee x participants =?

Edited by Aka pikey

Ssssshh... let them not enter  ;) 

More fun for us... shorter queues in the beer tent  :whistling:

when i was 5 i used to play in the drains, i now prefer playing in the clean open out doors :whistling:  :whistling:

beer tents,,,,,,,mmmmmmm beer what were we talking about again

After my pathetic seeding last year , bottlenecks and lack of water even at the end point I will not enter this event never mind the cost.

Completely undecided. Bottlenecks, huge lack of refreshments on route, etc etc etc and the R400 a rider entry has me doubting.

R800 for two riders = petrol to Karkloof :P

No wonder you guys come and ride down here in KZN,at that price I would rather come down here as well and ride.

yea it's cheaper ????????????

Completely undecided. Bottlenecks, huge lack of refreshments on route, etc etc etc and the R400 a rider entry has me doubting.

R800 for two riders = petrol to Karkloof :P

No brainier

I did the event last year to support the Upgrades to the Spruit. But R400 to ride trails that we can ride for free any time (Except September 6) is a bit much. And the Bottle necks weren't pleasant, we waited 45 mins to get into the golf course!

I had no bottlenecks last year, I did hear of them though.

Started close to the front so had pretty much a clear run at it all.

Only bottle neck I had was on my lips with ice cold beer passing through it

. Maybe to put more ambulances on the route

Last year one guy fell and broke his arm, the other fell into the bundle of razor wire lying next to the trail. Got cut really badly. Both at the same spot.