Dome 2 Dome and Race for Victory 2015

Prince

Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone else noticed that Jacaranda and Amashova are on the same weekend... So drive straight from the Saturday race in Hartees to Maritzburg? Ya right!

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone else noticed that Jacaranda and Amashova are on the same weekend... So drive straight from the Saturday race in Hartees to Maritzburg? Ya right!

So I send them a mail seeing that Amashova was out first will they change their dates

And she did responded with NO!.

Now I am seriously confused.

1) I thought the routes i posted yesterday was the route as i came off their website?

2) On the website the date is 27th Sept and Amashova on their website 18th October, Where am i going wrong?

1) I thought the routes i posted yesterday was the route as i came off their website?

2) On the website the date is 27th Sept and Amashova on their website 18th October, Where am i going wrong?

Just take note that there are 4 races being discussed simultaneously at the moment. So try not to get confused.   :w00t:

RE point 2: Amashova is 18 Oct (from their website), Jacaranda 17 Oct.

Aren't those routes you posted for the Dome2Dome?

Aren't those routes you posted for the Dome2Dome?

Yip sorry, my bad. I'm now with the D2D, R4V, Amashova, Jacaranda Picture. :blush:

New route and start venue for the Race for Victory.

No more dirt road.

Now starts at the Circus.

I stay about 1km from the circus... will roll out of bed when the elits set off and make my way there  :clap: for a change i dont have to be up in the dark and travel.

That being said i am interested to know what the new route will look like and how they going to manage the start and finish from the circus. I can only think they will have to close the road running in front of the circus and detour traffic. 

Also interested to see if the elits will still use SBR as it is still closed to cyclists if im not mistaken?

I stay about 1km from the circus... will roll out of bed when the elits set off and make my way there  :clap: for a change i dont have to be up in the dark and travel.

That being said i am interested to know what the new route will look like and how they going to manage the start and finish from the circus. I can only think they will have to close the road running in front of the circus and detour traffic. 

Also interested to see if the elits will still use SBR as it is still closed to cyclists if im not mistaken?

Demmit the opposite for us, used to take an easy warmup ride there and casual spin back. Now we'll also have to schlep there by car :(

Demmit the opposite for us, used to take an easy warmup ride there and casual spin back. Now we'll also have to schlep there by car :(

Only if you're racing for position or time  :whistling:

Otherwise make it a lekker LSD ride...

Only if you're racing for position or time  :whistling:

Otherwise make it a lekker LSD ride...

Unfortunately my pink slips for 'extended' days out on the bike have dried up over the years ...

Unfortunately my pink slips for 'extended' days out on the bike have dried up over the years ...

So pedal faster... [emoji1] [emoji1]

Glad its not just me!

Glad its not just me!

Me too, but for certain events through the year, I have her blessing to spend extended days on the bike.

I think Spinnekop once said: "A happy wife is a happy cyclist"

Archived