Dome 2 Dome and Race for Victory 2015

Prince

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well apart from the headwind into the final straight for the last 4 km's the wind played nice. Managed a sub 3 (2:59 :)) from DL group. Happy with that.... Edit: Last time I managed a sub 3 for 100km+ was back in 2003 ????????

Well apart from the headwind into the final straight for the last 4 Kim's the wind played nice. Managed a sub 3 (2:59 :)) from DL group. Happy with that....

damn, well done.. i missed it by 2 mins in DL as well, was behind you guys but had to pace practically alone ... brilliant event , Thanks Randwater and all involved 

VA got DQ'd at about 60km. There was a break of 6 up the road. We sat up for the last 45km and ended on 2hr 31min but I guess it won't count. Not sure if we still get the seeding or what will happen.

Wind was a factor but all round well organised cept the seeding. Ppl were all over the place but all good. Starting from CL we started leisurely and within 10kays had overtaken a number of ppl from BL who had left 5 minutes prior. That never happens so quickly.

Nice to see u again bmwza , u came past me with around 40 to go ... Tried to hang on ...eish

Ended on just over 3 hours and 5 minutes. Much better without the dirt road section. Saw no accidents either so there's an up.

Will be back next year

VA got DQ'd at about 60km. There was a break of 6 up the road. We sat up for the last 45km and ended on 2hr 31min but I guess it won't count. Not sure if we still get the seeding or what will happen.

Why was the whole bunch DQ'd

Got dropped by VA around 32km but got a nice little group going around 40km with a tandem. Stick with the group until the finish. Managed a 2.43. Wondered if I will get DQ as well.

Wind was a factor but all round well organised cept the seeding. Ppl were all over the place but all good. Starting from CL we started leisurely and within 10kays had overtaken a number of ppl from BL who had left 5 minutes prior. That never happens so quickly.

Nice to see u again bmwza , u came past me with around 40 to go ... Tried to hang on ...eish

Ended on just over 3 hours and 5 minutes. Much better without the dirt road section. Saw no accidents either so there's an up.

Will be back next year

Its always awesome to see familiar guys ... and saying Hi.  Makes the event that much more fun 

Got dropped by VA around 32km but got a nice little group going around 40km with a tandem. Stick with the group until the finish. Managed a 2.43. Wondered if I will get DQ as well.

Hey I was in that group. Yellow skoenz n socks n red Cargo kit on a Time. You...?

1st race in VA for me. Damn those okes are fast. Juuuust popped off the back up Walkerville hill and that was that... Still happy with 2:43.

I think we crossed the line together. Was on the white propel. Agreed. Need some serious training.

Aah yes, you pipped me by half a bike length.

Lekker ride. Shot for sharing the work. We had a decent few okes, all prepared to do their turns.

The group worked well together but there was some that did not help but luckily they were dropped near the end

Archived