Oakley replacement lenses HELP

Bianchi Baby

I paid $8.99 for my shipping - the $55 is by FedEx.

attachicon.gifREvant.PNG

If you use the USPS method ($8.99) then you can't track the order once it leaves the USA. I ordered on August 7 and received my lenses on 25-Sep (felt like it was a lifetime, but I eventually got them). Next time I'll go the FedEx route or do a group-buy.

Yes, I realised that and have faith in the USPS but once it reaches this side - eish - who knows where they will end up? So, yes, it's FedEx for me. Just have to choke on the cost...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so my new lenses have arrived, i am extremely happy. i did chose the $55 shipping method so that did add to the cost however i prefer to have security in the fact i can track my parcel right to my door and if it doesn't get delivered i can make it someones problem to find or replace.

the quality is very good, so far i am struggling to to tell they are not original Oakley lenses, the lenses are slightly thinner than the originals but they fit the frames perfectly and there is no plastic creaking on any of my glasses so i am happy.

i have 2 different sets of Fives and a set of jawbones that i opted to bring new life to, as you can see from the pics i chose to go for the mirrored finish( only because i have never had a set so figured what the hell).

changing out took 5 min and i am very happy. 

my Fives received the normal mirrored polarized lenses while my Jawbones(which are my riding glasses) received the elite HC3 vented lenses.

i will definitely use Revant again.

post-19041-0-78418000-1446182969_thumb.jpg

post-19041-0-36564400-1446182981_thumb.jpg

post-19041-0-58915100-1446183014_thumb.jpg

post-19041-0-45885500-1446183025_thumb.jpg

post-19041-0-54714600-1446183033_thumb.jpg

post-19041-0-58588000-1446183039_thumb.jpg

post-19041-0-32941100-1446183045_thumb.jpg

post-19041-0-12601100-1446183053_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cruz addict

Those all look great and I'm glad you are happy with the purchase. I also have fives 2.0 and want to get silver and blue reflective lenses. Which model of fives are yours? 3.0?

:thumbup:

I also have an old pair of e-wires - the originals from the 80s and badly need a lens for them. Pity Revant don't stock 'em. Maybe somewhere else one day but for now they're not a priority although I still like 'em.

Guest notmyname

Where are you based maybe we can club together to limit the postage. I'm in the market for polarised Holbrooks and purple iridium frogskins.

Where are you based maybe we can club together to limit the postage. I'm in the market for polarised Holbrooks and purple iridium frogskins.

Don't want to sound like De Niro but...you talkin to me?  :whistling:

If so, the problem is I'm in CT and we would still have a delivery problem. I would be open to doing it if we could arrange that I order and then I meet the buyer somewhere and deliver personally at LBS, say. Payment before ordering would have to be sorted somehow. 

Guest notmyname

Don't want to sound like De Niro but...you talkin to me? :whistling:

If so, the problem is I'm in CT and we would still have a delivery problem. I would be open to doing it if we could arrange that I order and then I meet the buyer somewhere and deliver personally at LBS, say. Payment before ordering would have to be sorted somehow.

It just so happens I will be in the woes kaap from 16 - 27 November.

Cruz, can I just check dates please? Am I correct in thinking you ordered on 28th Oct and the order was delivered on 30 October? 

It just so happens I will be in the woes kaap from 16 - 27 November.

Ah good. OK, so would you like to share the costs of the courier fee? It is 455 for my items. I don't know if that increases with the number of items but will check? And how should we do it? 

Those all look great and I'm glad you are happy with the purchase. I also have fives 2.0 and want to get silver and blue reflective lenses. Which model of fives are yours? 3.0?

:thumbup:

i have 2 sets, a set of the Five squared and a set of the fives 3.0

Cruz, can I just check dates please? Am I correct in thinking you ordered on 28th Oct and the order was delivered on 30 October? 

unfortunately not that fast, i ordered mid day-ish SA time on the 26th and received the parcel yesterday at about 11 or so, really not slow in my mind.

Ah good. OK, so would you like to share the costs of the courier fee? It is 455 for my items. I don't know if that increases with the number of items but will check? And how should we do it? 

• One volunteer to order online, and pay - then distribute in a way that each person agrees to.
  • No payment, no order - it's fair for all.
  • Have a cut-off for ordering/payment otherwise it will drag on forever - seems that if Small Fry is in the WP (for sawystertrance) from 16/11, then the cut-off should be next week Friday.
  • Serious buyers only.
  • The payment needs to include estimated Customs VAT and handling (which is an unknown but easy to guestimate) 
  • A small amount extra for the person managing the process, which could also include distribution if not collected.

Feel free to add anything else.

My 2c worth

• One volunteer to order online, and pay - then distribute in a way that each person agrees to.
  • No payment, no order - it's fair for all.
  • Have a cut-off for ordering/payment otherwise it will drag on forever - seems that if Small Fry is in the WP (for sawystertrance) from 16/11, then the cut-off should be next week Friday.
  • Serious buyers only.
  • The payment needs to include estimated Customs VAT and handling (which is an unknown but easy to guestimate) 
  • A small amount extra for the person managing the process, which could also include distribution if not collected.

Feel free to add anything else.

My 2c worth

Thanks for the guidelines. 

Question(s);

Payment to me direct or to middleman? Who?

I suggest meeting at a coffee shop for handover. Caffeine will facilitate the deal. That or LBS. Which do you think?

And I note that I mentioned above that the courier fee was 455. Blame a fat finger for that. It is in fact $55. 

Cheers and thanks again

Just for clarification my $209 order had a clearance fee of R521.68 from FedEx as i asked for them to facilitate the pre-clearance for me. the  VAT on  the invoice from FedEx shows as R312.90

Here's an order form - a google sheet that you can complete online with your order. It will calculate the "estimated VAT", assume handling is R80 or what ever it is from FedEx and give you an estimated value for each order is worth. Obviously, the more that order, the cheaper the shipping value will be.

If you order more than one item, the final amount will be summarised on the pivot table (next tab). Hope this helps.

Edit: fill the form in online - it saves automatically. complete the yellow portions.

post-1372-0-36543800-1446205754_thumb.png

Edited by geraldm24

Just for clarification my $209 order had a clearance fee of R521.68 from FedEx as i asked for them to facilitate the pre-clearance for me. the VAT on the invoice from FedEx shows as R312.90

Was that the total amount, including the VAT portion?

If yes, then it's about 7-8% of the invoice value that they are charging (for handling).

Edited by geraldm24