Oakley replacement lenses HELP

Bianchi Baby

Hoping someone on here will be able to help me. I have a pair of Oakleys that I love and subsequently I need new lenses for them. I sent them down to Luxottica for replacement lenses only to be told that they are now "old stock" and they no longer have replacement lenses for them.

So at this stage I cannot get new Oakley lenses so does anyone know where I can get replacement lenses made in SA to fit my frames?

I did read on one of the old forums that there is a site in Singapore that does Oakley lenses? Anyone know of this?

Otherwise anywhere here that does custom lenses if you send in the frames?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given up on Oakley and replacement lenses...

I got a pair of Flag's, I've been told have to wait 6-10 weeks... and every time the shipment arrives my lenses did not make it.

So looking as just ordering directly from someone in the EU. Oakley SA... customer failure.

G

Hoping someone on here will be able to help me. I have a pair of Oakleys that I love and subsequently I need new lenses for them. I sent them down to Luxottica for replacement lenses only to be told that they are now "old stock" and they no longer have replacement lenses for them.

So at this stage I cannot get new Oakley lenses so does anyone know where I can get replacement lenses made in SA to fit my frames?

I did read on one of the old forums that there is a site in Singapore that does Oakley lenses? Anyone know of this?

Otherwise anywhere here that does custom lenses if you send in the frames?

i bought from www.revantoptics.com some time back while travelling in the USA. not sure about them shipping to SA but worth checking it out.

ebay - or try your local friendly optometrist for lenses - they may be able to grind some for you if they are not available.

Since Oakley were taken over by Luxiottica this has been the problem with after sales service and having to wait 6 -10 weeks as they no longer keep any stock of lens in Africa at their store in Cape Town.

Love Oakley but simply opt to buy a new pair instead of replacing as costs and delay in sending to CT then to Europe for repairs is timely and costly. I have three pairs of varying Sunglasses that I need to change lens but cant do so.

Agreed, I used to work in a shop where we sold Oakley - I am a fan, but Luxiottica have F***** it up, I used to have to order double what I actually needed then got about a third of what I ordered, got told the balance was on backorder but the backorders never arrived...

When a client came in looking for lenses I would cringe as I knew it would be fight to get them in..

i bought from www.revantoptics.com some time back while travelling in the USA. not sure about them shipping to SA but worth checking it out.

+1 

Bought M-frame lenses from them and they lasted longer than original lenses.

someone really needs to inform Oakley international that their local rep is dropping the brand.

G

someone really needs to inform Oakley international that their local rep is dropping the brand.

G

Its not a "Local Rep", Luxiottica is a global italian based holding company and Oakley was sold to them, they also hold Ray Ban among other brands...

I have a pair of Crosshairs that I would love to get new lenses for. The transition lenses lasted about a year before the coating shattered. 

Oakley said "lenses scratched hence damage to the coating". I called BS since there wasn't a single mark on them. 

Horrible service from the local agents.

Hopped on https://www.revantoptics.com/

They have what I want but I am way too worried about SAPO screwing up on this side. 

Anybody feel like doing a group buy with me? Need about 6 people, myself included, to make the shipping cost worth it. 

Just need to check the costs, but looking at it, I'm in

will PM you.

G

They have what I want but I am way too worried about SAPO screwing up on this side. 

Anybody feel like doing a group buy with me? Need about 6 people, myself included, to make the shipping cost worth it. 

Your worry is justified, SAPO is as useful as a Zimbabwean election.

I waited 7 months for a parcel to arrive, at least I got it but 7 months wait made me swear to avoid them like the plague.

I needed new lenses for my Monster Dogs as the Polarized coating was coming off. I called Oakley in Walmer and was quoted what I paid for the sunglasses to get new lenses fitted.... Somewhere here on the hub there was a thread about replacement lenses for Oakleys which pointed me in the direction of eBay and a company called Visionary Lenses.

I ended up getting a pair of replacements from them at around $11 with $12 for shipping. I was all in for around R250. 

Given it was a few years ago and there was no *** with the SAPO back then, but then again at the savings you might want to take the chance.

I doubt that I will buy another pair of Oakleys again though....

I'd be interested, let me know.