The 2015 African Mountain Bike Continental Championships took place in Musanze, Rwanda from 8-10 May. Sub-tropical climates of the East African country provided a rather slippery terrain on which the riders had to compete, making this past weekend’s racing an unpredictable and unforgettable experience for all involved.

Click here to view the article

Mariske Strauss must've had a a mechanical? 

Yes !! What happened to Mariske ?

Yes !! What happened to Mariske ?

sick. this off the OMX fb page

Cherie Vale and Mariske Strauss raced the African Continental Championships today in Rwanda bringing home a 2nd and 4th place respectively. Cherie still sees a long way to go until she is completely on top of her game but a 2nd spot is something she is happy with and should be very proud of. Mariske unfortunately got ill and was therefore racing with seriously depleted energy reserves. To battle to fourth is testament to her spirit and still earns her much-needed UCI points. 

Bicycle racing takes us to amazing places and let's us achieve amazing things.‪#‎weareOMX‬

Well done girls!

11242562_796132000434413_652295260701004

Edited by Shebeen

The ladies' field didn't seem particularly competitive. Was only ever really between the SA ladies. 

The ladies' field didn't seem particularly competitive. Was only ever really between the SA ladies.

All about those UCI point to qualify and get as many riders qualifying for RIO as possible Edited by Gen

The same can be said for the mens field