The Hub TdF Fantasy Comp 2015

Frosty

The substitutions are only there to keep you team scoring as many points as possible. Injury and non-performance by some riders is a possibility.

However, the overall objective is to pick a team and hope they make it to Paris, just like the real team setup.

If you're out of the running on the main competition, the substitutions can give you that opportunity to win a daily prize. This keeps as many people interested in the competition as possible.

OK let me rephrase my Question 1. 

1. Daily prize winners (stages 1, 9, 10, 20, 21): are these picks separate to my 9 rider picks and my substitutions? In other words, can I choose any riders for the daily prizes even if they're not in my original team or in my substitutions?

Last question:
Re. the Overall points for the final classifications at the end of the TDF, again is it only the original 9 riders that qualify for these? E.g. what if I want to keep Froome on my subs bench for week 3 only because I have another rider in mind who will score me more points in the first week. Does that mean if he wins the TDF, I get no GC points for him at the end?

Just asking to help me plan my team strategy without making a silly mistake....
Edited by tombeej

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right - Admin has advised they are ready to rock 'n roll.

Entries are now open

Click on the link above that will take you to the entry portal where you can submit your team.

Note:

Many of the team start lists are not finalised, so we need to check back and confirm your line up before the start of the Tour.

Entries are now open

Click on the link above that will take you to the entry portal where you can submit your team.

Note:

Many of the team start lists are not finalised, so we need to check back and confirm your line up before the start of the Tour.

That's bloody awesome - well done

Hi Hubbers,

As Gerald has announced the entry system is open!  :clap:

We've tested it on various platforms and all seems fine, but if you have any difficulties entering or any comments please let me know, either here or via PM.

A huge thanks to Gerald for letting us jump aboard his competition and now long standing tradition. 

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Hubbers,

We've tested it on various platforms and all seems fine, but if you have any difficulties entering or any comments please let me know, either here or via PM.

A huge thanks to Gerald for letting us jump aboard his competition and now long standing tradition. 

Thanks,

Matt

A big thanks to Admin for their efforts too... those prizes are awesome!

one thing i have noticed.
for "teams selection", one is prompted to select 4 teams.

i picked my 4 teams and when saving i notice one extra teams gets added, when removing the 5th team and saving i go back to review and the 5th team is still there...

Hi Hubbers,

Thanks,

Matt

A big thanks to Admin for their efforts too... those prizes are awesome!

http://d2oadd98wnjs7n.cloudfront.net/file_attachments/23373/files/20130820091432-tumblr_m62v5aujxy1rolaymo1_500_large.gif

Entries are now open

Note:

any idea when the final line will be available?

i picked my 4 teams and when saving i notice one extra teams gets added, when removing the 5th team and saving i go back to review and the 5th team is still there...

I have entered my team and there were no problems.

If it continues to give you problem selecting a specific team, please send a PM to Admin.

I have entered my team and there were no problems.

If it continues to give you problem selecting a specific team, please send a PM to Admin.

We've identified the problem and are busy implementing a solution.

Update: We believe it's fixed. Please let us know if there are any further issues.

any idea when the final line will be available?

Hard to say - some teams have finalised while others usually do so after the National Champs (this weekend). Some teams leave it to the last minute.

Check at www.procyclingstats.com and look for the green tick next to the team's name.

If you compose a team now, you can still edit it until 12:00 on 04 July. Thereafter it will be locked down until the rest day.

Please note that I have a day job that pays this bills, and this competition is a hobby for me. If I can't answer your query immediately, it means that I'm:

• cycling;
  • driving;
  • with the family;
  • with my cycle club;
  • working.

Don't panic, I will respond to your query at (hopefully) regular intervals during the day.

I'm trying to pick my winning team for the Stage 10 TTT, but no option to choose a team - it's wanting me to pick an individual rider...

Edit: ignore!

Edited by tombeej

You'll have to figure it out before next week Saturday (4th of July), as you pick a team and can only make 3 substitutions on any of the two rest days.

Get it wrong in the beginning and you're stuck for most of the first week.

But then, who would have predicted that Froome, Berto and a few others would be retiring when they did in 2014.

Done  :thumbup: