The Hub TdF Fantasy Comp 2015

Frosty

The weird part is that on after Tuesday's cobbled Stage 4 he was quoted as saying:

“My legs were so strong that I suddenly passed everyone,”  “It was surprising to see that things were going so easily for me on the cobblestones. I haven’t ridden on cobbles a lot, but I like it. Perhaps that’s why it went this good.”

Maybe he's pulling a Purito here. Only time will tell I guess

well he has until Sunday to show me that he deserves to stay in my team. :whistling:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up with Louis Meintjies (Maincheese)? I hope he shapes better in the mountains than he has on the flats! He's letting me down - maybe time to sub him on Monday.

Um he isn't meant to do well on the flats. If your up there after the first week they will never let you go in a break in the mountains. The whole idea of all the breakaway riders is to get as far behind as possible in the first week so they got a buffer to allow them in a long break. If you thought Louis was going to do well in the first week then you probably still think the entire field is clean........

Iv got Louis and Jacques on my bench, Next week they will got the nod :clap:

Matthews awarded for his braveness

Michael Matthews (Orica-GreenEdge) wears the red number of most aggressive rider awarded to him yesterday by the jury because of his braveness as he keeps racing with two broken ribs. The jury is composed of race director Thierry Gouvenou, France Television expert commentator Laurent Jalabert, journalists Philippe Bouvet of L'Equipe and Jean Montois from the AFP.

At 7km, three riders lead the break 2.25kms ahead of Peloton: Quémeneur (EUC), Van Bilsen (COF) and Teklehaimanot (MTN). #TDFdata

OK so I had a quick look at some riders in the bottom half of the field who should be prime candidates for the Breakaway / Most Aggressive rider points in the mountains (because this is where mega points will come from).

The first column is their current overall position and the last column is how far back they are in minutes. The further back they are, the more chance the peloton will let them go if they attack early in a mountain stage.

I've left out some key lieutenants of the big names (Poels, Porte, etc), but left the Astana guys there (because they will all attack, no matter what).

Some really good names in there, some top climbers. Expect to see a lot of these guys in the mountains. Hopefully you've all got a few picks in there to make breakaway points for your teams.

Click image to enlarge.

post-22004-0-78017300-1436440483_thumb.jpg

At 7km, three riders lead the break 2.25kms ahead of Peloton: Quémeneur (EUC), Van Bilsen (COF) and Teklehaimanot (MTN). #TDFdata

Quite a few that picked Teklehaimanot (69)

Quite a few that picked Teklehaimanot (69)

Am I am one of those.. I was hoping he would ho into a break in the hunt for KOM from today..

OK so I had a quick look at some riders in the bottom half of the field who should be prime candidates for the Breakaway / Most Aggressive rider points in the mountains (because this is where mega points will come from).

The first column is their current overall position and the last column is how far back they are in minutes. The further back they are, the more chance the peloton will let them go if they attack early in a mountain stage.

I've left out some key lieutenants of the big names (Poels, Porte, etc), but left the Astana guys there (because they will all attack, no matter what).

Some really good names in there, some top climbers. Expect to see a lot of these guys in the mountains. Hopefully you've all got a few picks in there to make breakaway points for your teams.

Click image to enlarge.

The break points on the mountain stages are worth:

St10 - 30 (200)

St11 - 40 (400)

St12 - 40 (400)

St17 - 40 (400)

St18 - 40 (400)

St19 - 50 (1000)

St20 - 50 (1000)

But, if they can stay away to the finish it's the number in (brackets).

Then of course there are points for multiple breakaways at the end of the Tour.

High risk = high reward

Am I am one of those.. I was hoping he would ho into a break in the hunt for KOM from today..

If your team is called "Gen's team" then that's a YES

If your team is called "Gen's team" then that's a YES

I meant to say.. 'I am one of those'.. but I got so excited I bundled it up[emoji23]

In case you're interested: We've added a list of the daily prize winners to the Fantasy Site.

This will be updated daily with the winners and the prize for the next stage.

I have that on my to-do list... ask you if you want to display the prize winners... [tick]

The break has established nicely.

#TDF2015 After 20km Quemeneur, Van Bilsen and Teklehaimanot have 7'20"

I meant to say.. 'I am one of those'.. but I got so excited I bundled it up[emoji23]

I read it as "Am I one..."  :wacko:

Hi gerald , I just wanted to know what do you classify as break away in the competition ? For instance , lets say in the mountain s , a break goes early and at the last 10km of a summit finish someone attacks out of the peloton bridges to the break away, goes past them and wins the stage , is the winner classed as a break away or is it an attack?

Archived