The tale of the bicycle thieves

Edgar

Here is a good news Friday story.

On Monday I posted that two bikes got stolen here on the Hub. I did it without much hope of getting them back but you never know. They are two Yeti's that were stolen off the back of the car in the middle of the day.

Tuesday night I get a phone call from Dimitri (24hr Bicycle Race) saying he may have my bike as he saw my post on the HUB. Some chaps got hold of him saying they had some bikes to sell and he duly met them and realised something was up. Over the next few days we establish the bikes are the same ones, do all the necessary and yesterday they were returned. Some few chaps have been incarcerated and are currently enjoying the 5 Star hospitality of the local constabulary.  

There is more to follow on this story and once all the police stuff is taken care of I'll update everybody. (lots more to come and highly entertaining)

Just a big up to Dimitri and all his hard work. Also the the power of the interweb and the HUB strikes back. 

Lessons to be learnt, a cable bike lock is as effective as soggy spaghetti, register your bike and have all the details bikes. Don't F*#K with the HUB!!!

Edgar

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Monday I posted that two bikes got stolen here on the Hub...

http://asset-2.soup.io/asset/1529/1428_279b.gif

On Monday I posted that two bikes got stolen here on the Hub. I did it without much hope of getting them back but you never know. They are two Yeti's that were stolen off the back of the car in the middle of the day.

Tuesday night I get a phone call from Dimitri (24hr Bicycle Race) saying he may have my bike as he saw my post on the HUB. Some chaps got hold of him saying they had some bikes to sell and he duly met them and realised something was up. Over the next few days we establish the bikes are the same ones, do all the necessary and yesterday they were returned. Some few chaps have been incarcerated and are currently enjoying the 5 Star hospitality of the local constabulary.  

There is more to follow on this story and once all the police stuff is taken care of I'll update everybody. (lots more to come and highly entertaining)

Just a big up to Dimitri and all his hard work. Also the the power of the interweb and the HUB strikes back. 

Lessons to be learnt, a cable bike lock is as effective as soggy spaghetti, register your bike and have all the details bikes. Don't F*#K with the HUB!!!

Edgar

where do I register my trek?

and mongoose?

This is brilliant news! Awesome.

I was actually thinking about it this morning.... where do all these high end bikes go?

I know some of the theories, but jeez at the rate that high end racing bikes are stolen we should be seeing them everywhere.

Has an actual investigation taken place about possible syndicates etc?

Edit: Sorry, dont want to hijack this positive thread, will go start another.

Archived