Marathon World Champs incentives for SA riders

News bot

Le prime ragazze sono già arrivate al traguardo!

1. Dahle Rita 3:34.13,6

2. Langvad Annika 3:37.31,8

3. Sabine Spiz 3:43.43,2

Great performance be the more 'mature' ladies, 2 of the top 3 in their 40's..[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji322]

Edited by Gen

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Lakata

He obviously missed out on the memo to not spoil Christoph's farewell party. ................

Just kidding, it's a bike race and the best on the day won. Congrats to him for it. Susi did well to get second and does end his career on a high note.

Can someone please tell me if there is live streaming of the event because i see supersport is not broadcasting the event and what time please. And the web address.

Can someone please tell me if there is live streaming of the event because i see supersport is not broadcasting the event and what time please. And the web address.

There was no streaming, I looked all over.. all done and dusted now.

...and Max?

Don't think he even ended up going.

I think the only saffa that went is Matt Beers. But I my be wrong.

Why didn't CSA select Gawie and Nico?

Ja.. no I have no clue.. they only selected Max and Robin to go.. and as I understand it, neither of them even went.. Matt Beers made his own way there... sigh.

Well done to Matt Beers who actually went and finished - respect. I saw on the results he is only 21!! If that's the case there is a bright future for him. Agree that more guys should have been sent. Robin at least said that she was not 100% and wouldn't be able to give worlds a good go...Max well didn't know he didn't go/opted not to go. Must say was surprised by his selection, but that's my opinion. Perhaps there should be local races that replicate the next world distance and accent to get CSA to select the best suitable candidates to send. Anybody know of a local race that was equivalent to the world's distance and accent?

If you have to be honest we don't really have woman that can compete on a world level in the woman XCO or marathon. Maybe Robyn in marathon but not really.

With regards to that male contenders not that much happening on the marathon but we have a few strong younger guys coming through on XCO side that we probably should invest in