Pyga or Spez :-)

werner1619

I don't know where these rumor started

*snip

Where all illogical moronic rumors start, in some dudes irrational imagination.

Nothing like hearing something, putting your personal interpretation on it, and then stating it as fact.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to love the loyalty of Spez owners :-)

It's just as much fun for us to appear completely loyal as it is for the people who like to say they hate Specialized. ;)

Got to love the loyalty of Spez owners :-)

I own two Spez's, all their clothes, 3 sets of shoes, both S-Works helmets.... I am actually wearing their casual shoes as I type this.

Loyal? Hells no, will I buy one again? MAYBE... Only if its the best bike for the job at time of purchase, Cannondale better? Will buy it, Canyon aero frame nicer than new Venge? Canyon here I come... Concept Store attitude changed that.

However, there is a difference between being blindly loyal, and calling BS on a stupid rumour. Any logical person would do the same for other stupid rumours too.

Cannot help but agree with the blind loyalty point made a bit earlier.

Is all a bit like talking to a BMW driver.

Either way, Spez makes great bikes and if you love them you should get one.

BUT please do not turn into a Jehovah's witness and try and covert the rest of the cycling world. Perfectly capable of making up my own mind

Just ride both damn bikes and choose which one you prefer...end of story.

:clap: Brilliant.

If this was post number 2 on this thread, it would never have gotten past post 3, where OP would have said: "Thanks you, good thinking".

Got nothing better to do tonight,so just did. I see they're finally going with slacker angles, wonder when Pyga will think of this. Might drop Pat a line and suggest this startling development to him!

Still have proprietary rear shock, so expect to get spanked on that, and they're horribly overpriced, starting with the alu bike right through to tupperware versions. For a mass market bike you'd think they could try do a little better with their pricing.

They're also still graded to Condition 4, which means that Spez thinks they can only go over small jumps. They don't specify what a small jump is, so good luck with any warranty claims..

So all told, I can't find anything particularly special about them that they can do better than the Pyga.

In the end, the OP should ride both bikes and get the one that puts the biggest smile on his face.

Tom

Finally someone that has their own brain when it comes to bikes. Thank you Tom

Cannot help but agree with the blind loyalty point made a bit earlier.

Is all a bit like talking to a BMW driver.

Either way, Spez makes great bikes and if you love them you should get one.

BUT please do not turn into a Jehovah's witness and try and covert the rest of the cycling world. Perfectly capable of making up my own mind

You might be but the OP asked the question which one and that normally, at least from where I'm sitting, means that people will give their 'reasons' why or why not?

You might be but the OP asked the question which one and that normally, at least from where I'm sitting, means that people will give their 'reasons' why or why not?

Good point.... Take my "should not have gone past post 3" comment back.

Much like the Pyga boys handing over complete bikes at J2C when anyone broke their any brand bike... Oh wait

If the Pyga gents can keep that up, at all the major events, week in week out, then they will be doing exactly what Specialized is already doing. Controlling the experience. As for the loyalty comments, I think I am more "Committed" than "Loyal".

The analogy was made earlier re Vehicles. My one vehicle is out of motorplan. It still goes to the original dealer, as the gent with the wrench has been given a little training on that make & model. Do I pay more? Sure I do.

Would I ride a Pyga? - Give me a demo for a week (as per Spez), and I might just... I definitely won't buy a bike after a trip round the paved parking lot, no matter how great the reviews. But thats just me.

My Hub persona is a bit deceiving... My last 3 bike purchases have been Niner / Ellsworth / Cotic. All great bikes. Sadly, I dont have the time or a decent set of knees, to ride more bikes.

I see when ever there is a thread about a long travel 9r is seems mostly the Pyga and spez is the weapon of choice . The trigger seldom seems to get a mention. Yet to me it is such a versatile bike. The 130/80mm dyad is nothing short of brilliant and only imho of course ( if that's what you are looking for )the small bump compliance is awesome.

I have the trigger 2 so unfortunately it doesn't have the lefty on it ,and to be honest the fox lets the bike down. ( did have a lefty version of this bike but sold it biggest mistake I ever made hence why I bought another one) But is soon to be remedied by a 150 mm mrp .

If this bike has a downside to be its that the 130mm travel is still quite stiff and not as plush as a normal 130 mm shock. But when the steep loose rock climbs come, flick the switch to 80 and it doesn't feel like a long travel trail eating 9r anymore.

I love this bike and am a little concerned that when I have finished with the fork and also the new wheel upgrade I won't want to ride my 6r and more.

Have also ridden a 110 and thought it was an excellent all round bike,but didn't quite grab me. Would be keen to try a spez,never ridden one .

As for long rides,I find the geomtry works for me so well.

Just met 2c worth as another option.

Nice wheelset. Still loving mine after a year. Perfect price point for such light and wide wheels.

If the Pyga gents can keep that up, at all the major events, week in week out, then they will be doing exactly what Specialized is already doing. Controlling the experience. As for the loyalty comments, I think I am more "Committed" than "Loyal".

The analogy was made earlier re Vehicles. My one vehicle is out of motorplan. It still goes to the original dealer, as the gent with the wrench has been given a little training on that make & model. Do I pay more? Sure I do.

Would I ride a Pyga? - Give me a demo for a week (as per Spez), and I might just... I definitely won't buy a bike after a trip round the paved parking lot, no matter how great the reviews. But thats just me.

My Hub persona is a bit deceiving... My last 3 bike purchases have been Niner / Ellsworth / Cotic. All great bikes. Sadly, I dont have the time or a decent set of knees, to ride more bikes.

The Pyga boys are a very small team and I think for now will continue to support only the J2C as its a long race so chances of complete mechanicals are high.

My shop The Trailhead, has demo Pygas (and occasionally some Cubes) available for full test rides. Shop is right on the Spruit so easy to grab one and go. We even loaned a Pascoe which competed in the Hakahana Enduro a few weeks ago. Other Pyga dealers have also got demos so I'm not sure where you get the idea that you can only test them around parking lots.

Like you I have owned many bikes. My favourite brand is Intense but I'm loving my Pyga.

Wow, this post has turned out popular ! 

Anyway, thank you to all for the great feedback and suggestions :-)

Great to hear all the passion.

I have done some thinking ....  and then some riding .... and finally .... got the Bike :-)

post-40514-0-29713900-1435421450_thumb.jpg

Archived