BC Bike Race 2016

Matchstix

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 0 has arrived with cruddy night sleep due to some freaken butterflies invading my personal space. Getting ready to go race briefing and off to Cumberland with the Ferry afterwards

Nice X-Fusion fork!

Today was awesome! Beautiful ferry ride to the start. Then. It started pissing down properly almost cape town style. Luckily no wind and the rain didn't last and turned into a beatiful day with fun singletrack. Feeling good today after yesterday's flatish stage.

Took some aweme pictures on the most amazing singletrack that I will post whe whe get them from the Gopro. Took me tumble 34kmin and snapped my fron break lever. Thanks to shimano and Rocky Mountain a was given a bike to finish the day with. Need to get new frontbrake, a bit crap but that life. Best day for me so far!

Today was awesome!! No rain, a bit of climbingn 1500m over 52km, flowy singletrack littered with slippery roots.

Broke my chain about half way in and tried to tackle a skinny on my way down on the last descent(which was about 10km with some uphill in) awesome day. In North Vancouver for a relative short day tomorrow, time trail style. 15km 850m climbing

So at 2 this morning the water started to fall, this made my internal water flow. Aim for the bushes.

Toaday was wet, fast, steep tech, muddy slippery and fun. Awesome trails. Quick bike wash, shower and on a bus to Squamish. Beatiful massive mountains.

post-3345-0-70517600-1468286225_thumb.jpg

So at 2 this morning the water started to fall, this made my internal water flow. Aim for the bushes.Toaday was wet, fast, steep tech, muddy slippery and fun. Awesome trails. Quick bike wash, shower and on a bus to Squamish. Beatiful massive mountains.

Squamish was my best day on the bike EVER! Enjoy!

So, a bit late but day 7 was awesome. Some Europeans that didn't lik giving track after the broken chain but all and all a good day. Spent yesterday riding whistler bike park (awesome!) waiting f the bus to get back to vancouver

post-3345-0-19890600-1468780015_thumb.jpg

post-3345-0-97535800-1468780031_thumb.jpg

post-3345-0-34873600-1468780070_thumb.jpg

post-3345-0-51464300-1468780091_thumb.jpg

post-3345-0-21939800-1468780211_thumb.jpg

So, a bit late but day 7 was awesome. Some Europeans that didn't lik giving track after the broken chain but all and all a good day. Spent yesterday riding whistler bike park (awesome!) waiting f the bus to get back to vancouver

What an awesome experience.

Well done!

And thanks for the updates and pics.

Pinkbike has some nice summaries and photo features.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to start editing some footage of the race, how long should one make the video per day? Have quite a bit of footage

I need to start editing some footage of the race, how long should one make the video per day? Have quite a bit of footage

as long as you want.

Contains content from UMG, it says. Will not play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Working for me.

Archived