2016 Freedom Challenge RASA & RTR Prep

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I'm doing my first RTR this year. Looking fwd to it. 

Does anyone have KML (google earth) files of the RTR section that they can share? I'd like to go through the navigation using google earth and can build these routes up myself, but would prefer to save time and borrow someone else's if possible...

Please PM me if you can help...thanks.

Hi all,

Does anyone have KML (google earth) files of the RTR section that they can share? I'd like to go through the navigation using google earth and can build these routes up myself, but would prefer to save time and borrow someone else's if possible...

PM sent 

I wanna know if the red light on top of the tower is working !!!  :eek:

Rumour has it the light will be green this year?

Hi all,

Take the time to mark it out on GE yourself, that way you will become more familiar with it. Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it :)

@Johann still waiting for the rest of your race report from last year. Your audience is getting impatient!!

Rumour has it the light will be green this year?

Last year they had load shedding in that area and we could not find the red light . Luckily we had Stu with us  :clap:

Last year they had load shedding in that area and we could not find the red light . Luckily we had Stu with us  :clap:

rumour has it this year there is water shedding.

good news = short grass

bad news = no ice cold bucket shower @ vuvu.... :thumbup:

They had a generator running at the tower this last Sunday

Thanks for all who have helped re Google earth files. Muchos gracias. 

My next big question: how do you guys layer up on your top half? 

Background: I've climbed big mountains and would use wicking layer + fleece layer + goretex layer. But on bike I seem to get soaked with just wicking layer and goretex. 

I see some guys ride in 'soft shell' but what do they mean by that? are these the solomon jackets that Sani2c gives out each year or something else?

Would appreciate advice on top half of body gear, and what gloves/mitts you use. 

thanks all.

Just pedal a bit faster ;) Last year I just missed lunch at Vuvu could have had chicken twice

Just pedal a bit faster ;) Last year I just missed lunch at Vuvu could have had chicken twice

1. We all know how fast you can ride.

2. We also know how scared you are of the Vuvu chicken.

3. We know that 1. is caused by 2.

;)

Pedal faster !!!! Then I miss all the scenery .

Due to injury I have to sell 2 RTR entries.  Starting Sunday 5 Jun

Make me an offer.  

Substitutions needs to be done by early next week

Hannes
072 634 8073

All going well.....My money is on Jacques  :ph34r:

Don't know about that.

For me he's a podium contender but the win is a bit much to ask.

He's worked on it but his navigating in daytime wasn't that good, now he will be having to do nighttime navigating.

Secondly he has'nt as far as I know done the racing all out with little sleep which is quite  a bit different then riding fast sleeping well.

He does definitely have goog bike skills and pure speed on long rides just a big question if he can translate it into endurance racing effectively. He's more of a Barnes skillset.

Further Tim James and Theo have a very similar style and strategy and have a similar Rabit starting ahead with Mike so they can feed of eachother. For motivation, company, shelter and opening gates and so on. Bar that partially Tim just changed batches is he gonna play carrot to catch.

Batch change for Tim is a minus for Theo for Company but and advantage for Jacques and Theo as they will know a day ahead how fast slow he want. Be carefull guy's in the first days, Tim will go all out, don't fall into his trap you don't need to match him for distance before Rhodes just don't fall too much behind.

Wondering if there are matches for Jacques There are Carrots in Leon and Robbie. Just a big question if those two will wanna go all out once caught and if they can keep going. Robbie definitely isn't a navigating asset.

Archived