Froome Braces for Doping questions

shaper

Here is a silly question....does it matter?

It is something we can't do anything about so why stress about it?

Me - I'm kinda over it (apart from a silly comment here and there) - if they dope great - if they don't dope great - it doesn't change my enjoyment of the sport.

I'm a lot more worried about the guy next to me at the start line of a local race, provincial, national because him doping has a direct impact on me. Even then I'm not too concerned as once again I can't really do anything about it.

Watch the sport, partake of the sport and enjoy the sport - leave the dope catching to people designated to doing it (no matter how good or bad they are at it).

Wondering if the current riders are doping is about as useful as wondering if aliens exist in Uranus.

Agreed. They will pay the price one way or the other. I love watching the spectacle for the enjoyment it gives.

Btw - I like whatshisname's bike in the green team.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would you describe, among the current peloton, as a "rock star"?

We need a Jan for the modern age...  

Was hoping Sagan would go that way, but he's disappointing... 

I just wish Jan had known about Clenbuterol... bloody Texan would never have won seven  :blush:

For all the people who are throwing the doping line at Froome based on his stage ten performance - try this perspective  ;)

Take out the really big names, and look at Froome's margins to the rest of the guys...

Is it now really so crazy?

1 Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky 4:22:07

4 Robert Gesink (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo 0:01:33

7 Adam Yates (GBr) Orica GreenEdge 0:02:04

8 Pierre Rolland (Fra) Team Europcar

9 Tony Gallopin (Fra) Lotto Soudal 0:02:22

10 Tejay Van Garderen (USA) BMC 0:02:30

12 Rafael Valls Ferri (Spa) Lampre-Merida 0:03:09

13 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team

14 Serge Pauwels (Bel) MTN - Qhubeka 0:03:19

15 Warren Barguil (Fra) Team Giant-Alpecin

17 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Trek Factory Racing 0:04:09

18 Jacques Janse Van Rensburg (RSA) MTN - Qhubeka

19 Eduardo Sepulveda (Arg) Bretagne-Séché 0:04:16

20 Tanel Kangert (Est) Astana Pro Team 0:04:25

The media built up the fantastic four, and most of the arguments are "How did Froome beat Contador by 3 minutes???", well change that to "How did Froome beat Adam Yates by 2:04?" and you have a non starter and maybe a little perspective  ;)

I'm not going to swear on my daughters life or wager my house that he's clean, but the suggested stats of 6.1 watts per kilo are a far cry for the 6.7 of Lance and his heyday.

Let's all try watch and enjoy despite the sports history  :clap:

We are now entering the world of unproven facts and logic. Never let that get in the way of an evangelist of the broken spirit of cycling!

Who would you describe, among the current peloton, as a "rock star"?

We need a Jan for the modern age...  

Was hoping Sagan would go that way, but he's disappointing... 

Sagan has been very subdued since joining Olev`s Gulag.

Olev himself will not commit to whether he will resign Mr Sagan.

As stated in a previous thread Sagan would be better in an American team.

So are you saying Aliens do exist on Uranus :nuke:  :eek:

Yes, there are aliens on Uranus! My statement is all "based on feelings and assumptions and no concrete proof."

You cant prove that aliens dont exist on Uranus, so therefore they do. Even if we send multiple space ships there that find no proof that aliens exist there, I will still believe that they do. If we one day in 45years time we do find aliens there, I cannot wait to shut all you outspoken Earth Fanboys up and say TOLD YOU SO, open your eyes!! Stop being so naive!

Its almost like everyone will be a little bit disappointed if/when Froome doesnt test positive

Here is the problem with some of the mind sets here....

If Froome any cyclist does 100000000 tests and passes them, they will say: "It doesn't prove he is clean" which is true. You cant prove a negative.

Here is a silly question....does it matter?

It is something we can't do anything about so why stress about it?

Me - I'm kinda over it (apart from a silly comment here and there) - if they dope great - if they don't dope great - it doesn't change my enjoyment of the sport.

I'm a lot more worried about the guy next to me at the start line of a local race, provincial, national because him doping has a direct impact on me. Even then I'm not too concerned as once again I can't really do anything about it.

Watch the sport, partake of the sport and enjoy the sport - leave the dope catching to people designated to doing it (no matter how good or bad they are at it).

Wondering if the current riders are doping is about as useful as wondering if aliens exist in Uranus.

A better way to look at it is that the whole doping circus which includes armies of PR people, lawyers, pharmacists etc, is quite entertaining in its own right. I mean, who doesn't love a bit of skandaal ;-) along with the suspense of waiting to see who's gonna get popped next. :blush:  :w00t:

Pluto, chaps, PLUTO.

Yes, but the first few hi res pics of Pluto are a bit worrying!!

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/ajnXDz1_700b.jpg

Yes, but the first few hi res pics of Pluto are a bit worrying!!

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/ajnXDz1_700b.jpg

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Not as bad as Costa's camel toe!

always amazed at Kittel's hair.. I donno what he uses but they should have those products tested.

Archived