Froome Braces for Doping questions

shaper

I find it very hard to believe. So your points are all invalid Mr global traveller....

So his points are not valid because it doesn't support your belief?

LOL

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the above applies in this case.

He said the hotel staff did not call him.  I find this very unlikely that doping control with ID's and paper work pitch up and they don't even bother to call him.

I find it very hard to believe.  So your points are all invalid Mr global traveller...

Perhaps Mr Froome should have asked the hotel to make a statement - would be more credible.  Or name the hotel so people can enquire on their protocol.

The athlete must at all times have an open channel for communication during that time.

Maybe one of the dope test managers asked their ground team if they performed their planned test on Chris Froome and the testers were partying a little too hard in the local vacinity and forgot to go and then told their manager, "Yes we tried but he did not answer".

Also plausible

Listen guys, take it from someone who knows  :ph34r:

This debate is pointless, you are going to have already wasted sooo many hours which you will never be able to get back..... and even if you turn out to be right....all that time debating will be GONE, HISTORY, NO ONE WILL CARE after a few days.

BTW regarding hotels...at the 2009 TDF prolog and stg 1 we stayed in the same hotel as LAnce (pure fluke) and even though the Astana team car was parked right in front of the main entrance with his bikes on the roof the receptionist would not confirm he was staying in the hotel... all she said was in a heavy French accent:

"Meester H**** just keep zee eyes open ok..."

None of the above applies in this case.

He said the hotel staff did not call him.  I find this very unlikely that doping control with ID's and paper work pitch up and they don't even bother to call him.

I find it very hard to believe.  So your points are all invalid Mr global traveller...

Perhaps Mr Froome should have asked the hotel to make a statement - would be more credible.  Or name the hotel so people can enquire on their protocol.

The athlete must at all times have an open channel for communication during that time.

I don't know why you make such an issue of it??

Loads a loads of athletes miss dope controls.  As long as it is not over the allowed limit that is set.  Sometimes you are just not available!  Easy as that.  Sometimes you need a bit of private space. 

If this was the case.....I don't know.  I don't care.

But it would be seriously stupid to think that you as an athlete should be at call 24/7 for the vampires 365 days a year.  That is exactly why there are x amount of "missed" tests allowed.

Also with the blood passport in place, one missed test will not flaw the maths behind it.

But surely you are clever enough to know this gemmer?

Any neutral person with common sense will have doubts 

Doubts are fine. Just as long as they don't upgrade to certainties without any evidence.

Now if you'd only just said "My name is Garfield, and I have some doubts" this could all have been avoided  :)

I am not pro Sky, I have said many times, I am against nonsensical arguments. 

Apparently, this is an extremely difficult concept for Garfield to grasp.

Perhaps you should mention it a few more times. It's bound to sink in at some point.

Lol.. you guys..still at it.. genade

An athlete is allowed to miss 2 doping controls a year . The 3e one and then you are in it deep. He did however ask them not to have this one count against him but they said sorry it's your responsibility to be there for the controls. So he is on strike 1.

Remember long ago.. when that vid came out. . My words were.. aye.. now everything will be questioned.

Plus. . It's not like he didn't let them know where he was, unlike a certain little guy with a weird tanline.... he should've however have told the hotel management. . Hey when they come make sure to let me know so I can come bleed and pee.. but as he is on strike 1 I am sure he will in future

You can stop now guys. Garfield's gone underground. Do suspect the closed mind is unwilling to see any light.

I have gone on record, I do like The Rhino Guy, and agree with old "Die Hard With a Vengeance" Garfield  that the hotel story sounded fishy when I first heard it, but as mentioned earlier, there are a thousand plausible reasons, not least of which if you book into a POSH HOTEL, they treat their clients like saints and "NO, WE CANNOT DISTURB MR RHINO" is not out of the ordinary. And i you ask me how do I know, I saw it in a movie. Can't remember which one though. Anyway, change the topic someone.

You can stop now guys. 

That was fun  :clap:

Only 363 more days and we can start the whole damn argermint again!

That was fun :clap:

Uhu.. it kicks off at least 2 weeks before tdf starts

Maybe this is why they want the riders to stay in cheap hotels where the bellhop can be brided into giving your room number..

but if Garfield had just said they're doping cos he said so we could have saved about 5 pages of debate.

Then we would be forced to believe him cos he said it on thehub

That was fun  :clap:

Is that really how long the flavor lasts...? :rolleyes:

Archived