Froome Braces for Doping questions

shaper

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about striking the balance somewhere between naivety and doping paranoia. I agree that it's not fair that every strong performance be met with a doping accusation but it's also completely understandable when eye brows are being raised when Froome (and his team) breaks the best climbers in the sport at will and so easily.

If it irritates you that people are suspicious I'd suggest you get a stress ball, because that is never going to go away. We'll just never know, (Until you see Froome on Oprah... heaven forbid) and we'll just have to live with it.

You can think what you want, but you can't always say what you want...except on thehub off course. That's why we're all here!

I agree, that there should be balance, and of course eyebrows will be raised. Things must be taken into context. Andrew said it best when he posted his assessment of the 4 guys. Contador said he wasnt feeling lekker, Nibali isnt really a contender. for more detail read his post above. And it was Froome and his TEAM, its was Froome plus his SUPER domestique, a guy that is leaving to be a GC contender. So its not like the Astana performance at Giro, that was a bunch of normal domestiques smoking the entire fields everyday....

The suspicion is not irritating, I was suspicious of Astana, its normal... what is irritating is the level of BS and number of BS arguments that are presented, but mostly the motivation behind some of these accusation or insinuations, much of it is fan based, meaning you are having a go because its not your guy. Like if Liverpool beats Man U, I will revert to Suarez being a dirty scumbag or SteveG being a choker.... If all these people really cared about DOPING itself, where are the many many many threads about Astana, Poalini etc. or the many other guys who got caught. If you were so anti doping why support a doper?

Lets be honest about it. Its not about doping, its about persecuting the other guy (insert name of guy who is winning that you do not support here).

Anyhow.. there is a new video out 2014 Vuelta http://www.chronoswatts.com/news/80/SkyLeaks2

Downloading that video before it get wack-a-moled by the lawyers.

garyvdm@garyvdm ~/Videos/Cycling % youtube-dl "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdLFdRGWhh0"                                                                                                                                             
[youtube] HdLFdRGWhh0: Downloading webpage
[youtube] HdLFdRGWhh0: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] HdLFdRGWhh0: Extracting video information
[youtube] HdLFdRGWhh0: Downloading DASH manifest
[youtube] HdLFdRGWhh0: Downloading DASH manifest
[download] Destination: WATTS Froome Vuelta 2014 Puerto de San Lorenzo-HdLFdRGWhh0.f136.mp4
[download]   9.5% of 292.31MiB at 201.17KiB/s ETA 22:26

Look as said before they are not stupid.  OK maybe yesterday was a little stupid with the Porte thing but now questions are raised so I don't expect them to repeat the same even if they are capable (consider for a moment how easily they dropped the best pure climbers in the world yesterday).  They know all eyes are on them now so they will just hang in the pack and try to look average, redirecting the heat.  Barring a crash or something the tour is won so CF doesn't need to attack again until lets say the Alpe Du Huez.

Absolute and utter bullsh*t.

You are implying that they are indeed guilty and, but for that "little stupid" issue wrt Porte, they might have flown the Froome win under the radar.

Pull in your neck man!

Anyhow.. there is a new video out 2014 Vuelta http://www.chronoswatts.com/news/80/SkyLeaks2

If nothing it is interesting and informative. . Would be great for us viewers to be able to see data like this on all riders. Gives us a real insight into how powerful they really are.

This doesn't help team Contador much... Froomes again pushing serious numbers, and Contador saps it all up and then rides away from him  :ph34r:

This doesn't help team Contador much... Froomes again pushing serious numbers, and Contador saps it all up and then rides away from him [emoji14]h34r:

Like I said, if nothing it is informative. . Followed by, would be nice to see data on all riders.[emoji6]

Like I said, if nothing it is informative. . Followed by, would be nice to see data on all riders.[emoji6]

Yip. Nice to see some of the riders making their data public.

e.g. Jacques Janse van Rensburg Stage 10:

https://www.strava.com/activities/346038549/analysis

I don't think we will ever see live data been available, because that can be use by rival teams to know when to attack.

And does your professed lack of naivete imply, as a consequence, that Froome is guilty of doping?

Conmon sense

I think such data will never be seen, unless hacked  :ph34r:

Similar to F1 who guard their performance data like the crown jewels

You are implying that they are indeed guilty and, but for that "little stupid" issue wrt Porte, they might have flown the Froome win under the radar.

Pull in your neck man!

He also created a caveat for the next few stages, so that when Froomes hangs back just to defends his lead, or is tired after yesterdays effort he can say, "oh look they are trying to just look average as to not attract attention."

Pull in your neck man!

Wake up and smell the EPO. Soon your bubble will burst. You probably still think LA is innocent.

I think such data will never be seen, unless hacked [emoji14]h34r:

Similar to F1 who guard their performance data like the crown jewels

Leaked. .[emoji6]

There is a mole at sky [emoji12]

I think they should have two groups competing. One for doppers and another for clean racers..... 

And if you are dopping while taking part in the clean team, your bike will be sold on the tree of gum.... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Wake up and smell the EPO. Soon your bubble will burst. You probably still think LA is innocent.

Okaaaaaay Mr Conspiracy Theorist...

When they all get popped, you can start an 'I Told You So' thread, and start feeling good about life again...

Archived