Review: 2016 Fox 34 Float

Iwan Kemp

The Fox 34 received a complete redesign from the inside out for 2016. The result: a fairly drastic reduction in weight and a much-needed performance boost. The improved ability of the Fox 34 was long overdue as Fox's main competitors have had the edge in performance for a few years now.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was quite happy with my 2014 version of this fork ... until reading this. Sure it is heavier and less plush on small bumps than the Pike but it was what my bike came with.

R15k to upgrade is bit of a shocker although I'm tempted. I would likely go for the Talas version So I can drop the front for climbing.

Yeah, it's a lot of money, but at least you will be getting a piece of kit that is at the top of the game.

What bike do you have?

15k actually isn't all that bad for the Factory FIT version. That's still less than a Pike RCT3... 

What does the Pike go for now then??? I thought it was around R13k?

What bike do you have?

TB LTc

Any merit going the Talas version? I like the idea of lowering the front for climbing.

TB LTc

Any merit going the Talas version? I like the idea of lowering the front for climbing.

Just remember that usually you lose some tuneability with the TALAS as the spacers cannot be inserted in the air chamber due to the Talas mechanism. If Fox managed to incorporate the spacers in the TALAS version you have a winner on your hands. Iwan?

Just remember that usually you lose some tuneability with the TALAS as the spacers cannot be inserted in the air chamber due to the Talas mechanism. If Fox managed to incorporate the spacers in the TALAS version you have a winner on your hands. Iwan?

Only way to do something kinda similar on the Talas would be to add some extra oil. Volume spacers on the Talas is not an option as it's a complete, closed unit.

TB LTc

Regardless of bike I always say go fixed travel. A TBLT is not that tall or slack that you shouldn't be able to ride around max fork travel on the steepest climbs. 

Have checked pricing between the 34 and the Pike and they are more or less the same. Couple of 100 bucks either way so it'll come down to which retailer will give you the best deal.

I am of course talking RRP here.