Swift Ultravox

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of starting a build for a new racing bike.

I have recently purchased a Swift Ultravox Ti frame which I consider to be my dream frame. I have only heard good things about this frame, with very good reviews online!

post-18438-0-30199200-1436988892_thumb.jpg

As I currently have decent components, I shall be transferring the majority of the items across to the new frame. The build will consist of the following:

• Shifters: Sram Force (303g)
  • Brakes: Sram Red (253g)
  • FD: Sram Red (76g)
  • RD: Sram Red (145g)
  • KCNC Ti Pro lite seatpost (172g)
  • Selle Italia SLR Carbon Flow saddle (125g)
  • KCNC Stem (95g)
  • Edge design carbon handlebars (185g)
  • Chain: Sram Force (267g)
  • Pedals: Speedplay Zero Ti (164g)
  • Crankset: Sram Red quarq (706g)

post-18438-0-64574300-1436988874_thumb.jpg

• Cassette: Still to be purchased

Now, I want to get some new wheels for the build, but I don't know what to get. My old training wheels have served me well, but I think it's time that they were retired. 

I was looking at possibly purchasing the following wheels: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/145836-american-classic-victory-30-wheelset/

Not sure what your thoughts are? I'm looking for a set of training wheels - I already have lightweight racing wheels.

Awesome frameset youve got there :clap: !!!

What is your budget for the wheelset? Are you running 10 or 11 spd? This will limit your choices wrt the 2nd hand market and getting an 11 spd freebody if need be..

Love that crank :drool: :drool: :drool:

Super bike you have there, when getting traning wheels you need to decide do you want something strong or light? I prefer strong and durable but ofcourse it must still look good to the eye...the Campagnola Scirocco is quite a cool wheelset, they retail for about R3500 (wiggle.co.uk), strong, durable, not to heavy and rolls pretty well...and not so expensive.

Here is a pic of how they look on my Ultravox-RS1

post-14028-0-25019600-1437023557_thumb.jpg

I also just got an Ultravox Ti! I have only done one short ride so far, but the bike feels incredible. I cant wait to put some serious kilometers on it! Mine also pictured with training wheels.

post-41053-0-26917400-1437025728_thumb.jpg

Awesome frameset youve got there :clap: !!!

What is your budget for the wheelset? Are you running 10 or 11 spd? This will limit your choices wrt the 2nd hand market and getting an 11 spd freebody if need be..

Love that crank :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm running 10 speed currently, and not planning to change any time soon - spent a lot of money on the frame and certain components...

I already have a lightweight set of 50mm carbon clinchers that I use for racing, so just needing a new training wheel set.

I'm looking for a durable set that won't give me any issues. Not necessarily 30mm profile, it can be shallower. A larger width would also be better in terms of comfort - I plan on running 700 x 25 tyres.

My current wheels are bullet proof and haven't given me a single issue since day one. They are xero R9 wheels which I beleive are a Chinese brand. They cost me R2000, three years ago and have done many many km.If they were still available, I would probably buy myself another set.

Regarding budget, I wouldn't like to spend more than R4000, so ideally it would be great if I could get a decent set of second hand wheels.

• 4 weeks later...

So I eventually decided on getting a set of American Classic clinchers courtesy of the Hub community.

I finished the build last night and I'm looking forward to the maiden ride this weekend! Just need ti update the firmware on the Quarq and I'm good to go - I don't want to have to use the magnet...

post-18438-0-43050300-1438952754_thumb.jpg

So I eventually decided on getting a set of American Classic clinchers courtesy of the Hub community.

I finished the build last night and I'm looking forward to the maiden ride this weekend! Just need ti update the firmware on the Quarq and I'm good to go - I don't want to have to use the magnet...

attachicon.gifimage1.JPG

Someone get me a towel!

Sick sick bike dude, DAMN!

Nice. How much does it weigh?

Haven't weighed it with these wheels on. With my 50mm carbon clinchers it comes in at just over the 6.5kg mark.

If I put my mad fibers and a standard red crank, it's easily under 5.9kg

Awesome looking machine with specs to match. You really dd your homework on the build no wonder it's so light. That Ritchey stem really compliments the cockpit.