Preview: 2016 Momsen Vipa Trail featuring 27.5+ compatability

Matt

Was there ever?

Never understood the vipa... Cost was high, geo was "weird", and looked meh... Maybe I'm fussy...

Never understood the vipa... Cost was high, geo was "weird", and looked meh... Maybe I'm fussy...

Each to his own, but not sure what you are refering to re the geo as it's in-line with the Specialized Epic, Silverback Sesta and the likes.

Each to his own, but not sure what you are refering to re the geo as it's in-line with the Specialized Epic, Silverback Sesta and the likes.

Yeah I struggle to get comfy on most dual suss bikes, I test rode the very first ones only so I can only speak about those and I struggled.

*that being said, I quite like the look of the new one with 2.8s. A sucker for a plus bike!

Like you say each to their own... I mean some people buy e-bikes :-p

Edited by the nerd

Wait till you have to warranty it. ENDLESS run-arounds. Rather buy a PYGA. Cooler brand as well.

With the nerd here. 2.8 isn't plus & definitely not fatty. Running two tyre sizes on this platform is a stretch - more fit convenience than specific design. Clearance looks marginal - to take advantage of plus tyres one should be able to run low pressures. At low pressures my guess is with normal tyre roll plus tyres will touch this frame. I would prefer to get a frame actually designed around multiple tyre sizes by a manufacturer that's been at for a lot longer than these new comers.