ScottCM

I see you running some quick session stretch, glad to see you back in full swing..

Good luck to all for this last 17 day push ...

speed is definitely improving as I taper...which is a good sign...legs were a bit tired this morning after the track yesterday though!

2000km is a lot of commitment..well done  :thumbup:

I'm ready for this now..

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

min dae mense...

vinny..hows that flu? my mate has been hit big time by it...he's very frustrated

Mackie, Scott, Ferret, Swiss's wife...how's everyone feeling?

Min dae indeed, even I'm feeling nervous and I'm not running

Frauchen is feeling a bit tender and legs tired with a few minor (hopefully) aches and niggles which have her very worried. As a result the last week has resulted in her doing a lot less than the program....the main goal now is to get to the start with fresh legs and no niggles.

The bloody weather is not playing with nicely, its been raining hard all day non stop so she right now she is running on the treadmill doing 90 minutes. Last month when she did her long run (51k) it was the worst weather ever with a mixture of strong winds, sun, rain, hail and snow. I had to take her a dry winter jacket at one stage (i was following on my mtb)... I figure if she can run 5+ hrs in that weather it should make her mentally strong for comrades... LOL

What watches are you guys running with and if its a gps watch will it last.... might not be an issue for the guys like Ferret but for those who plan on getting value for money...will u be wearing 2 watches??

What watches are you guys running with and if its a gps watch will it last.... might not be an issue for the guys like Ferret but for those who plan on getting value for money...will u be wearing 2 watches??

Mine definitely doesn't last.. So I use it in good ol stopwatch mode and put my bike GPS (which is quite small ) in my back pocket to record my run

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

My old Garmin 310xt works perfectly for the comrades, I believe the newer models have even better battery live ( >12h)

Wifey will be using 2 watches, the old and trusted iron man timex for basic time keeping and then her polar m400 for gps pacing for as long as it will last which is not expected to be more than 8 hrs. Although she will not be using heart rate so hopefully that will give it a little more life.

The last time I was spectating (last down run) I remember seeing lots of people with 2 watches.

Swiss... Tell your wife there is a guy who runs for PDAC that runs a silver every year without any watch....

I have a mate who is attempting his 30th. Hopefully the broken Mofo will start cycling afterwards...

I have this "freind"  He keeps making excuses for not riding because of Comrades.  Im going to wait and see now after he has done his "up" and "down" if he will get over stuffing up his knees jogging and come ride his bike like a man.  But I think he may already be lost to us.  He has become really fond of garish running shoes.  Like a fetish :thumbdown:

Edited by blondeonabike

I have this "freind"  He keeps making excuses for not riding because of Comrades.  Im going to wait and see now after he has done his "up" and "down" if he will get over stuffing up his knees jogging and come ride his bike like a man.  But I think he may already be lost to us.  He has become really fond of garish running shoes.  Like a fetish :thumbdown:

have I met this "friend" of yours? he sounds like an awesome dude. When he gets back to his bike...I'm pretty sure it will be of the mountain variety, unlike this other "friend" who seems to be quite fond of the road variety  :P  :D

have I met this "friend" of yours? he sounds like an awesome dude. When he gets back to his bike...I'm pretty sure it will be of the mountain variety, unlike this other "friend" who seems to be quite fond of the road variety  :P  :D

See you in a few weeks ok??

post-57454-0-74158100-1463320686_thumb.jpg

Swiss... Tell your wife there is a guy who runs for PDAC that runs a silver every year without any watch....

I bought her the gps watch for a present, if not for that she would still be using the ole timex

@Stretch - da flu is over and gone - started running last week again.

Did some good track & tempo work and took it easy on the last long (20km) run over the weekend. Legs are starting to come back - felt good on the tempo`s this morning.

So now we need to finish up the week with a 15/10 over the weekend.

Next week the volume gets turned down. Driving to Hilton on Thursday night - will work in a 5km on Fri & Sat and Sunday we run to the beach.

On a side note - anyone driving from Hilton to the start? We can use my bus an fit more people in - just need to get the bus returned to Mrs & the little Butchers.

Next week the volume gets turned down. Driving to Hilton on Thursday night - will work in a 5km on Fri & Sat and Sunday we run to the beach.

On a side note - anyone driving from Hilton to the start? We can use my bus an fit more people in - just need to get the bus returned to Mrs & the little Butchers.

last year i did nothing the last week - did a 15 on the saturday before and rested a solid 7 days till the actual day...it worked well for me...I am going to repeat that.

I m still trying to make plans for getting to the start without having to get the missus out of bed. If you do do that you will go straight past my house............mmmmm..lol

We gonna organise a coffee get together on the saturday gents?

last year i did nothing the last week - did a 15 on the saturday before and rested a solid 7 days till the actual day...it worked well for me...I am going to repeat that.

I m still trying to make plans for getting to the start without having to get the missus out of bed. If you do do that you will go straight past my house............mmmmm..lol

We gonna organise a coffee get together on the saturday gents?

If I can get a driver Ill come pick your ass up mate!!!!!!!!

Coffee on Sat sounds wicked. lets sort out times closer to date!!!!

Hi,

Does anyone have the athlete tracking sms number, yet? If so, kindly share.

Thanx.