ScottCM

Thank you Cobus, the strava profile does not look "flat and fast". I am running the 48km but will be taking it easy before OMTOM. 

The route looks like an out and back. Is that correct?

More or less out and back. A few loops added in Irene to make up distance on your way back. There is also a silly 2km loop you will need to do inside the ARC's grounds about 4km from the end. No shade there...

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More or less out and back. A few loops added in Irene to make up distance on your way back. There is also a silly 2km loop you will need to do inside the ARC's grounds about 4km from the end. No shade there...

Thank you, Cobus, after ODD I am convinced I can survive in heat... 

Looking forward to the race!

I haven't felt 100% healthy in well over a month... I'm just ignoring it though,

I strained my major abductor a little over a month ago. Soon after it happened I foolishly did a TT and then a fast pmb marathon........................

so...i can run...but its just annoying/nagging/uncomfortable for the first 6 to 8 km..and then it stiffens up and becomes bearable. Uphills it is un noticeable. Been seeing the physio regularly every week..its just taking longer to go away than i like...but i still need to train...and i cant do any speed work.

hopefully its completely gone by 2 oceans...been an annoying year

I think I am a little bit to competitive. Whenever I have to rest like today because of illness or injury, and I see my friend's strava profile and the miles he is clocking for comrades is already about 100km more than mine, I get this voice inside me that says " you cant let him beat you" :ph34r:

Damn u Strava :whistling: .

I think I am a little bit to competitive. Whenever I have to rest like today because of illness or injury, and I see my friend's strava profile and the miles he is clocking for comrades is already about 100km more than mine, I get this voice inside me that says " you cant let him beat you" :ph34r:

i'm exactly the same! its all strava's fault. Luckily my physio has given me the go ahead to run..but...its definitely slowing the healing process

i'm exactly the same! its all strava's fault. Luckily my physio has given me the go ahead to run..but...its definitely slowing the healing process

I clearly don't have your guys training FOMO issues  :D  :blush:

25975b22d4bd29e58a9dd5a569f0401f.jpg

:ph34r:  :D

So a second opinion says my wife's Runners knee is more like ITB...  :huh:  Explains why she can't make 10 km's  :cursing:

So a second opinion says my wife's Runners knee is more like ITB...  :huh:  Explains why she can't make 10 km's  :cursing:

Ouch, that sucks

:(

I started doing a lot of glute orientated exercises and that seems to have helped with the ITB, I was struggling to run 5km without experiencing pain, since I started with the glute exercises i've been able to work myself backup to 21km without any pain.