ScottCM

I'm barely able to function at work from the nerves I'm feeling. Do you guys that have done it before still suffer from this much anxiety?

It doesn't get easier... ok, maybe just a little. I still feel very emotional at the start and finish, and sleeping the night before is nearly impossible.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm barely able to function at work from the nerves I'm feeling. Do you guys that have done it before still suffer from this much anxiety?

not really...but i do know i have done it before at least!

Can't believe how quickly times flies! Hope you all stay healthy and injury free. Looking forward to reading all your race reports next week. Will be cheering you guys on and thinking of you on my Sunday long run! 

Edited by EmJayZA

It doesn't get easier... ok, maybe just a little. I still feel very emotional at the start and finish, and sleeping the night before is nearly impossible.

I always suffer terribly from anxiety the night before an event as well as the night after the an event. For the past year i have been using Zopivane,

its cleared by the drug free sport http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/?s=zopiclone ,

The main reason why i use it is because unlike some other meds i have tried this doesn't keep you asleep. it purely knocks you out quickly and then a noise that would normally wake you u, will still wake you. It has absolutely no side effects that i have experienced in the morning of the race such as grogginess, tired legs or even a hazy mind. you do however need a script for it. 

post-46817-0-78885400-1496141670_thumb.jpg

I always suffer terribly from anxiety the night before an event as well as the night after the an event. For the past year i have been using Zopivane,

its cleared by the drug free sport http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/?s=zopiclone ,

The main reason why i use it is because unlike some other meds i have tried this doesn't keep you asleep. it purely knocks you out quickly and then a noise that would normally wake you u, will still wake you. It has absolutely no side effects that i have experienced in the morning of the race such as grogginess, tired legs or even a hazy mind. you do however need a script for it. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1256b-500x500.jpg

I see it is S5. Will chat to my Doc next time I see her. One of my Ironman friends uses Gaba. I bought it over the weekend and will give it a try tonight. Generally, I am a light sleeper and I struggle to fall asleep.. Especially if I didn't train on the day. 

Can't believe how quickly times flies! Hope you all stay healthy and injury free. Looking forward to reading all your race reports next week. Will be cheering you guys on and thinking of you on my Sunday long run! 

Thank you, MJ. I am sure there will be some interesting war stories race reports on Monday. 

excellent - think i will try that the night before ...hopefully i wont have any side effects

just kidding   :D

I always suffer terribly from anxiety the night before an event as well as the night after the an event. 

every year for comrades a group of us stay at a mates house. none of us need to set our alarms because we get woken up by said mate dry heaving and generally losing control of all his faculties...and in conjunction to the question earlier about anxiety....this is his 18th and he still does this year after year

every year for comrades a group of us stay at a mates house. none of us need to set our alarms because we get woken up by said mate dry heaving and generally losing control of all his faculties...and in conjunction to the question earlier about anxiety....this is his 18th and he still does this year after year

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I must say I'm a bit nervous... not finishing my first up run doesn't help.

I know I'm in a way better place at least this time, but still - it's moer far, no matter what you've done or how you weigh it up. I've also got an itchy throat this morning which is freaking me out a little  :mellow:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I must say I'm a bit nervous... not finishing my first up run doesn't help.

I know I'm in a way better place at least this time, but still - it's moer far, no matter what you've done or how you weigh it up. I've also got an itchy throat this morning which is freaking me out a little  :mellow:

It is moer far, but breaking it down and concentrating on smaller parts makes it easier. We have support at half way and then at 70km. So I concentrate on that. Just get to half way, and then to get to 70km. 

Stay away from places with lots of people - malls, the gym etc...Also, try not to go out at night.  I got a Neurobian injection yesterday and going for another one on Thursday. I am drinking a Corenza, Linctagon, ACC, Viral Choice, 1000mg of Vit C in the evenings and a Berocca in the mornings. 

It is moer far, but breaking it down and concentrating on smaller parts makes it easier. We have support at half way and then at 70km. So I concentrate on that. Just get to half way, and then to get to 70km. 

Stay away from places with lots of people - malls, the gym etc...Also, try not to go out at night.  I got a Neurobian injection yesterday and going for another one on Thursday. I am drinking a Corenza, Linctagon, ACC, Viral Choice, 1000mg of Vit C in the evenings and a Berocca in the mornings. 

10 x running 9km with 9 x 2 minute walks in between

simple ne?

simple ne?

A lot of people employ a run walk strategy , who is doing that this year and what does it look like?

simple ne?

Yes, Anyone can do it  :whistling:

For marathons, I count waterpoints - i.e. about 10 of them. For Comrades this doesn't help.... 

Makes me think of the last bit of Oceans. I ran past these two ladies at the start of... that climb out of Hout Bay - Constantia Neck? Anyways, they were trying to figure out exactly this and I chirped them "It's easy, just three parkruns remaining!" One nearly collapsed with laughter and the other one chirped back that she forgot her bar code at home! 

Good times! 

All the best for these last couple of days! Stay healthy, travel safely - and enjoy it!

A lot of people employ a run walk strategy , who is doing that this year and what does it look like?

I have zero experience with a run walk strategy.

I just know the more I walk, the slower I become and I then I am prone to cramping. I do walk water points but at a fast pace and I do not stop completely.

For me, the last 5 to 10km is more a walk-walk strategy, with slight running in between. ^_^