ScottCM

I hope all the 2018 Comrades Novices are on theHub running Strava group. ^_^

Can we rename the group on Strava? It still says "BikeHUB Comrades Marathon 2016"[/quote

Im on, but avoid it. Just makes me depressed atm????

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez,im a lot broken after Saturday's 50km Monties. Climbing 3100m in 23km is not fun. And I got the scars to prove it. Ha ha ha. Hit the ground 2km from the finish, but did it like a pro..They could've scored me 10/10 for the duck,dive and roll. I just went into this race with the mindset of taking pics and gopro videos and enjoying myself. Sometimes you have to switch if this racing mode and and just enjoy the scenery. And I loved every minute of the suffering.

Jeez,im a lot broken after Saturday's 50km Monties. Climbing 3100m in 23km is not fun. And I got the scars to prove it. Ha ha ha. Hit the ground 2km from the finish, but did it like a pro..They could've scored me 10/10 for the duck,dive and roll. I just went into this race with the mindset of taking pics and gopro videos and enjoying myself. Sometimes you have to switch if this racing mode and and just enjoy the scenery. And I loved every minute of the suffering.

That's awesome, what a great looking event, well done! I've been looking through pics and am dying of jealousy. 

Definitely on the to-do list

Done that route for fun a few times hey, the road from Witsies to sentinel car park is brutal, the rest is good enough trail to be enjoyable atleast

Two months later than last year.  Apparently also some changes coming.

Very poor planning in my view... doesn't allow people to get organised and book etc as you won't know you've got an entry til mid Nov? Maybe even later. What can honestly be the delay...

Very poor planning in my view... doesn't allow people to get organised and book etc as you won't know you've got an entry til mid Nov? Maybe even later. What can honestly be the delay...

Couldn't agree more... and the flight tickets are ridiculously expensive the longer you wait....

I guess you can book the flight tickets before then? 

Brutal Race.  The first 10km single track put brakes on my desired pace.  It was soul destroying walking up to Sentinel car park ON A PAVED ROAD.  So wrong.  The path to the chain ladders had one or two places that tested my fear of flying, where the rocks were a bit  "off centre".  The way back was fast and awesome.  The logs of the last three km's felt like an eternity of step ups.  Worth doing at least once.   

Couldn't agree more... and the flight tickets are ridiculously expensive the longer you wait....

I guess you can book the flight tickets before then? 

Exactly what I have done, flights and accommodation booked.   Now they must just go and change the race date! :ph34r:

Has anybody here done the PotatoPride Marathon in Frankfort?