ScottCM

Really like them! They do fit a bit different to the Kinvara. But they just want to take off! Thusfar I am even contemplating them for longer runs. Think longest I've done was a half, but they're "advertised" for longer runs and my feet was still really very happy after the half. 

They do feel a bit more direct underfoot for me. So as such, I won't describe them as highly cushioned. But strangely comfortable - maybe it just suits my style. Then again, Kinvara almost similar.

I justified the price by utilising Vitality Shoe booster...  :whistling:  Otherwise I agree. I buy all my other shoes (except Altra's, which never are) on special. 

I'm a Nike fan so I don't usually look for specials or prices in general of other brands but this link may help the Altra fans. I was just looking for socks.

https://thesavage.biz/collections/altra-footwear

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you believe its raining here as well. Had to take a rest day today

It has been a rest week in Gauteng.... And I picked up a calve niggle, I think from running on the treadmill. Hopefully the emergency massage I had last night helps. I desperately need to go for a run.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hacc

Since when is rain an excuse for running?   :whistling:

Ligh rain sure, but not the downpours we had this week. 

Weather is looking promising for the weekend!

Well guys and gals,

Its that time of the year when many of us will be on holiday. Some have gone on holiday already so with that I just want to wish everyone a merry Christmas and for those non Christian friends here, I bid you and your families a wonderful festive season.

May everyone hitting the roads have safe travels. I Hope you all have plenty of fun training and for those whom have lost their mojo, may you be reacquainted over the holidays.

For those who party hard on New Years, be safe, use Uber. We still want to see everyone on the start lines again next year. 

How many Parkrunners here and what times are you guys running?

I have done about 7 now. I usually attend the Golden Harvest Parkrun where I always miss the sub 25min mark.

My aim is to get under 25min before the end of the year .....

Edited by Jaws677

I started running thanks to Parkrun about two years ago. PB is around 21min. But I’ve been running that consistently for months, obviously need to do some extra work to get any faster????

Well guys and gals,

Its that time of the year when many of us will be on holiday. Some have gone on holiday already so with that I just want to wish everyone a merry Christmas and for those non Christian friends here, I bid you and your families a wonderful festive season.

May everyone hitting the roads have safe travels. I Hope you all have plenty of fun training and for those whom have lost their mojo, may you be reacquainted over the holidays.

For those who party hard on New Years, be safe, use Uber. We still want to see everyone on the start lines again next year. 

Have an awesome Christmas everyone, and please be safe out there. We lost a fellow club member two weekends ago that was hit by a car... 

Enjoy the time with your families, make time for them as it becomes difficult to do from January to Comrades. Unfortunately, no resting over December. (See you on Strava!)

I have done about 7 now. I usually attend the Golden Harvest Parkrun where I always miss the sub 25min mark.

My aim is to get under 25min before the end of the year .....

You piqued my interest to see what my best parkrun was. Last one I did was Jan 1 2015... Interferes with the long weekend run. I tried a few times to include a parkrun in my long run.. Bit it ended up not being with it. Anyway.. Was convinced I had a sub 20.. But nope.. Best is a 20:42