ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I am sharing this, but hey...

I have a very regimented early morning pre-race #2 routine... the whole week before a big race I will go to the loo first thing, so that come race day there are no surprises and I've got that bogey out the way before even heading to the start. Running works my gut something special, so have to start my runs fresh and light.

I also can't handle coffee before a race, else I have to pee half a dozen times in the first 5km's...

I have to drop the kids at school before every run... If I don't I have to visit a garage en route

That's AWESOME, I'm doing Amsterdam marathon the week before on the 21st October...

No Club Kits or anything needed at International Marathons, as Much SA Flag gear as possible..

I did London in 2017 in the attached vest, got plenty support

The wife and I aim to do 1 different international marathon a year for the next 10 years... 2019 is New York..

Just about to enter Dublin... Maybe I should join you for Amsterdam instead [emoji848]

I have to drop the kids at school before every run... If I don't I have to visit a garage en route

Obviously we have different interpretations of the phrase “dropping the kids at the pool”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once ran the Dead Sea ultra marathon. Starts in Amman in Jordan at 1000m above sea level and ends at the Dead Sea - 400m below sea level.

Very small race with probably less Than 400 runners in the Ultra.

Would love to go back one day and do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just about to enter Dublin... Maybe I should join you for Amsterdam instead [emoji848]

Pull IN, no-one ever regrets going to Amsterdam.. :whistling:

75Euro entry.. thought it was pretty reasonable

I paid 65 Euros for Venice (including admin fees) . Also not too bad for a marathon

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pull IN, no-one ever regrets going to Amsterdam.. :whistling:

75Euro entry.. thought it was pretty reasonable

90 for Dublin..70 if I was more on the ball

85 for return flight from Dublin

So for like 300 I can enter and get there and stay...mmmmm

I wonder what a joint is like after a marathon ????

90 for Dublin..70 if I was more on the ball

85 for return flight from Dublin

So for like 300 I can enter and get there and stay...mmmmm

I wonder what a joint is like after a marathon

300 Sounds a lot from inside Europe , surely like Ryan Air or Air Lingus would have some super good specials

I paid R9105 for Return Tickets to Amsterdam Via Dubai from JHB for my Wife and Myself... R4552 each through Discovery..

Edit....sorry read it again, 300 includes flights, race and stay....

Edited by Ferret69

300 Sounds a lot from inside Europe , surely like Ryan Air or Air Lingus would have some super good specials

I paid R9105 for Return Tickets to Amsterdam Via Dubai from JHB for my Wife and Myself... R4552 each through Discovery..

Edit....sorry read it again, 300 includes flights, race and stay....

85 return from dublin

I am including entry flights and accommodation for the 300!

edit...just read you realised that  :lol:

Edited by Stretch

Absolutely. I need to start getting the kids to school earlier and earlier over the next few weeks so that by the time Comrades is here I can "drop the kids at school" before the drive down to the start.

I entered my first international marathon yesterday!! 28th of October, the Venice Marathon. 

The only reason why I picked the marathon is because the marathon is in October, and my Mom really wants to go there. (I made a promise to her when she was very sick in the hospital I will take her on a holiday overseas when she gets better)

What are the rules at international marathons regarding your club kit/clothes etc?

What can I expect at water points?

Any other advice regarding international marathons?

Awesome! A good excuse to visit a new country!

I'm doing Berlin Marathon this year. Anybody here with tips for Berlin? Accommodation recommendations, must see attractions etc.

Absolutely. I need to start getting the kids to school earlier and earlier over the next few weeks so that by the time Comrades is here I can "drop the kids at school" before the drive down to the start.

the last place you want to be dropping the kids off is in those blue blobs of plastic by the start line  :eek:

I entered my first international marathon yesterday!! 28th of October, the Venice Marathon. 

The only reason why I picked the marathon is because the marathon is in October, and my Mom really wants to go there. (I made a promise to her when she was very sick in the hospital I will take her on a holiday overseas when she gets better)

What are the rules at international marathons regarding your club kit/clothes etc?

What can I expect at water points?

Any other advice regarding international marathons?

I missed this Haac...that is awesome. You can wear whatever you want.