ScottCM

How's Germiston lake these days? I haven't swum there since a Germiston mile a decade plus ago... had a close encounter of the 'floater' kind and swore I would never go backĀ  :ph34r:

Think it is pretty clean, also have not swum in there for 2 yrs since swimming Masters open, but am on the trinity sports facebook page and they have 3-4 events (tri's/duathlons) a year and always get the water tested prior and post the results, which seems to pass with a clean bill of health.

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it is pretty clean, also have not swum in there for 2 yrs since swimming Masters open, but am on the trinity sports facebook page and they have 3-4 events (tri's/duathlons) a year and always get the water tested prior and post the results, which seems to pass with a clean bill of health.

Thanks, that 5150 might be a plan then... flying around with bikes is an expensive practice, so getting in some local action is definitely on the agenda.

Thanks, that 5150 might be a plan then... flying around with bikes is an expensive practice, so getting in some local action is definitely on the agenda.

If you want local, keep an eye onĀ http://trinitysports.co.za/ they usually have events November through to April andĀ http://redhub.co.za/ which have a number of events out of Cradle Moon.Ā  There is also the Miway Joburg Ultra also at Cradle MoonĀ https://ultratri.co.za/joburg-ultra/ (which has a sprint event as well as the 70.3 distance)

just a quick one, does anyone know how strict comrades entry people are, the substitute window is supposedly closed, and the person considering taking someone's entry it does not have a qualifying race(but is fit enough) do you think they will consider it?

Ā 

They got more chance of running as the original person and just stuffing up the finish stats. People are precious about their finish stats.Ā 

How's Germiston lake these days? I haven't swum there since a Germiston mile a decade plus ago... had a close encounter of the 'floater' kind and swore I would never go backĀ  :ph34r:

Ā 

Did the Trinity triathlon there about a month ago and apart from quite a lot of foliage on the entry/exit there was no problem.

Some decent specials on last years Asics Cumulus, Nimbus, GT 1000 etc on Totalsports

Ā 

https://www.totalsports.co.za/plp/shoes/asics/_/N-27r6Z1z140hq

Ā 

Those on Vitality will also get back 25% of that with your healthy gear card even if you don't go the whole shoe boost route.

Ā 

Works out quite nicely for me at around R1550 for a pair of Gel Nimbus

Had to dip into the piggy bank and get some new ones as my New Balance 1080 switch hasn't quite worked out, just not quite feeling right so have had to stick with what I know for now.Ā 

Ā 

Can revisit the idea of the switch after Comrades, might just take a little time to adapt

Some decent specials on last years Asics Cumulus, Nimbus, GT 1000 etc on Totalsports

Ā 

https://www.totalsports.co.za/plp/shoes/asics/_/N-27r6Z1z140hq

Ā 

Those on Vitality will also get back 25% of that with your healthy gear card even if you don't go the whole shoe boost route.

Ā 

Works out quite nicely for me at around R1550 for a pair of Gel Nimbus

Had to dip into the piggy bank and get some new ones as my New Balance 1080 switch hasn't quite worked out, just not quite feeling right so have had to stick with what I know for now.Ā 

Ā 

Can revisit the idea of the switch after Comrades, might just take a little time to adapt

Wise decision. My decision to try new shoes for this season/OMTOM was a distaster. I only started to feel comfortable with my new shoes 4 weeks after OMTOM....

That's cause you guys have bricks in your head ;)

Was that a lucky gaff or did you know triathletes call it brickwork when they do multipile swim / cycle / run sets in training?

I've done a few brick sessions in my life, was definitely a little play on wordsĀ  ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Was that a lucky gaff or did you know triathletes call it brickwork when they do multipile swim / cycle / run sets in training?

I entered my first international marathon yesterday!! 28th of October, the Venice Marathon.Ā 

The only reason why I picked the marathon is because the marathon is in October, and my Mom really wants to go there. (I made a promise to her when she was very sick in the hospital I will take her on a holiday overseas when sheĀ gets better)

Ā 

What are the rules at international marathons regarding your club kit/clothes etc?

What can I expect at water points?

Any other advice regarding international marathons?

Ā 

Ā 

Germiston lake is not my favourite but I prefer it to Bela Bela - Im doing both of them again this yearĀ  :)

Ā 

Last years IM 5150 Germiston was very well organised.Ā One lap swim and the bike and run is flat and fast.

Edited by _David_

I entered my first international marathon yesterday!! 28th of October, the Venice Marathon.Ā 

The only reason why I picked the marathon is because the marathon is in October, and my Mom really wants to go there. (I made a promise to her when she was very sick in the hospital I will take her on a holiday overseas when sheĀ gets better)

Ā 

What are the rules at international marathons regarding your club kit/clothes etc?

Ā 

Ā 

Glad she is better now. Remember plenty of photos and race report when you get back!!!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That's AWESOME, I'm doing Amsterdam marathon the week before on the 21st October...

Ā 

No Club Kits or anything needed at International Marathons, as Much SA Flag gear as possible..

Ā 

I did London in 2017 in the attached vest, got plenty support

Ā 

The wife and I aim to do 1 different international marathon a year for the next 10 years... 2019 is New York..

post-30019-0-61866000-1526982794_thumb.jpg

That's AWESOME, I'm doing Amsterdam marathon the week before on the 21st October...

Ā 

No Club Kits or anything needed at International Marathons, as Much SA Flag gear as possible..

Ā 

I did London in 2017 in the attached vest, got plenty support

Ā 

The wife and I aim to do 1 different international marathon a year for the next 10 years... 2019 is New York..

I think overseas marathons are the best way to explore other countries.

London and New York are definitely on my list.

Ā 

Andrew, can you hook me up with a South African running shirt?

I've done a few brick sessions in my life, was definitely a little play on words ;)

Ahh that explains why you are so strong ????