ScottCM

So because I’m an idiot I pulled my hamstring during my Wednesday run. I’ve been nursing it but it’s still there. I’m going for acupuncture tomorrow. I don’t know how it’s going to work as I literally pass out when I see a needle. Desperate times, desperate measures but I’m sure I’ll be ok.

Today also bought me up to my planned 1500km for the year.

I raced a mate to the finish of our 15km training run , why why why do I always act like 10 year old when I know better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my daughters Bronchitis has taken me down slowly these last few days... started as a sore throat on Friday and has built up to a more phlegm like cough this morning. Not terribly surprising considering the recent sacrifice of my immune system to the anti-biotic gods, but was really hoping to not have any more setbacks - I was just starting to feel good about my running again. Off to the doc today to kick this little setback in the nuts. At least I will be well rested on that start line

Spare a thought too for my wife who it appears might have something more sinister than Plantar Fasciitis, she's off for scans today for what looks to possibly be a stress fracture in her foot... really hoping it's not, she prepped a lot better than me for this and was really running great until now. Her Comrades is a lot more important to me than mine is. The joys of running  :blush:

Stay healthy and injury free guys... The 10th is fast approaching.

Get some bubble wrap and lots of rest. You are not going to get any fitter in the next two weeks.

Spare a thought too for my wife who it appears might have something more sinister than Plantar Fasciitis, she's off for scans today for what looks to possibly be a stress fracture in her foot... really hoping it's not, she prepped a lot better than me for this and was really running great until now. Her Comrades is a lot more important to me than mine is. The joys of running  :blush:

Hope it is nothing serious Andrew. Keep us posted. 

Anyone know if that women who runs ten comrades every year is doing it again this year?

edit - yes she is - Hazel Moller

ten10.co.za

Edited by Stretch

Anyone know if that women who runs ten comrades every year is doing it again this year?

edit - yes she is - Hazel Moller

ten10.co.za

There are a few other groups doing similar runs as well this year... whole lot of crazies out there!

Hats off to them though, I can't even imagine it

There are a few other groups doing similar runs as well this year... whole lot of crazies out there!

Hats off to them though, I can't even imagine it

Yup... The reason why I was looking was because she does it every year with little fanfare. I see a group planned to do 20 days and had massive Facebook updates etc..(maybe the one linked earlier)... Anyway... After 5 days they all bailed. Hazel on the other hand is as tough as nails

These last few runs before Comrades has become a real drag , it’s cold it’s dark and it has been a long road to get here. Really hard to stay motivated for some other reason .

It feels like that last few meter before you reach the summit where your body tells you to stop but you have to keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using

Edited by Jaws677

Had to giggle quietly yesterday - our trail group is planning a full moon run for tonight. One of the regulars withdrew with a "too close to Comrades to risk getting ill"! 

These last few runs before Comrades has become a real drag , it’s cold it’s dark and it has been a long road to get here. Really hard to stay motivated for some other reason .

It feels like that last few meter before you reach the summit where your body tells you to stop but you have to keep going.

Couldn't agree more. I am also lacking motivation.

The chiro sessions have been helping with my nausea but this caused a very sore and stiff right glute (gluteus medius). I have been stretching regularly and had a deep tissue massage on Friday, which was very painful.

I am now stressing that this pain in my @$$ will be there on the 10th. I am taking it very easy with this week's training, hoping and praying I will be 100% at the start line.

Running is a terrible sport...

I've done a tad more than 1200km before Comrades...but luckily I'm not doing Comrades! 

Went for my first run yesterday after a 10day break after our trail run. The plan was to do an easy 8km, but cut it short at 6km. Goeie genade. I lost my lungs and legs near Lesotho. If I was to run Comrades I will probably not make the first 1/29th.

I'm feeling the same at the moment, just need to get through these last couple of days. 

To top it all off everyone in the office is sick and i'm acting like Sheldon Cooper trying to stay away from all the germs. 

I'm feeling the same at the moment, just need to get through these last couple of days. 

To top it all off everyone in the office is sick and i'm acting like Sheldon Cooper trying to stay away from all the germs. 

Couldn't agree with you more. Think we all in the same boat (My paranoia is amplified because its my 1st Comrades)!!! I almost want to wear a mask on the Gautrain which I travel on daily to prevent flu.

I think its not a coincidence that runners start feeling niggles close to the Comrades - think we all SUPER aware of aches and pains now which normally wouldn't bother us.

Im listening to my body now, the training is done and not much more you can do to improve. If you tired - SLEEP, if you sore - REST. We have all done huge millage over the last 5 months so now is the time to let the body get in shape before next weekend!