ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do pretty much 960m of the 1200m Total by the 55km mark at the Top of Heartbreak hill in Hillcrest.

Hold your nerve and legs until there and you can run a big negative split

Yup... And the biggest killer is the backend of inchanga down to halfway.... That will kill you

Cant Wait.... Its going to be fun. Tapering starting on Monday. Finally I can run a bit less. Lol

Finally, now and can feel less guilty when reviewing my Strava feed

Cant Wait.... Its going to be fun. Tapering starting on Monday. Finally I can run a bit less. Lol

Shame, I've been tapering since Omtom...   LOL

Yup, the days are getting few now!

My sleepless nights started last night... 

My running plans for the weekend is a 15km on Saturday and a 15km on Sunday. Weather forecast seems perfect running weather. Last "longish" run for me. 

12km today, might do a short run tomorrow and then 15km odd on Sunday... taper will begin on weds when I do my last 'long' 12km  :P

Must say the new shoes really do perk things up a bit - feel like I'm running on clouds with all the lekker fresh new cushioning

Also have the minefield that is a 3yr olds birthday party to navigate tomorrow, and it really doesn't help that she's got Bronchitis as of her visit to the doc this morning - and ends up sleeping between me and the wife most nights. Comrades Russian Roullette - it's just not funny  :ph34r: 

Stay healthy and fresh guys, min dae 

Just read on News24 that Caroline Wostman withdrew from this years Comrades. No real surprise as she was very quiet this year.

Just read on News24 that Caroline Wostman withdrew from this years Comrades. No real surprise as she was very quiet this year.

Shame man, I wonder what is happening there... she's been struggling for a while now. Guess we're all human at the end of the day.

Look forward to her being back to her best sometime soon

Ag geesh...   I was happy to see her at her training camp as per her twitter and thought she would just have a relaxed comrades like she handled omtom, but after this good luck post of her this morning I was starting to wonder about if there is something up again.    Real hard luck this!

https://twitter.com/11Caz11

Agree.. No surprise.

I briefly met her on Wednesday. It’s very sad.