ScottCM

Saw this on my Facebook feed. Aussies taking a dig at the poms :-)f14af25ca109b656b21513714d34c978.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I saw that... I'd be more embarrassed letting people know that I couldn't work out if 23 was hot or not that I had to convert it to F.

All that said and done...23 in this part of the world is frikkin hot.. Trust me... Its the equivalent of a 30+ day back home

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The advantage of the CSA numbers is that if you sow them on with the top open and a sow line straight diwn the middle vertically you have two compartments to store Gu's and jelly babies etc etc. I always used a big stitch so they were easy to pick of at the end of the season

I saw that... I'd be more embarrassed letting people know that I couldn't work out if 23 was hot or not that I had to convert it to F.

All that said and done...23 in this part of the world is frikkin hot.. Trust me... Its the equivalent of a 30+ day back home

In Pretoria in summer we train in 35C, and that is not hot........

The wife and I did a 'colour run' a few weeks back - a short 5km run along the beach and boardwalk where you get thrown with coloured powder that would probably give you cancer in a few years' time. Anyways, it was about 25°C and there was a lady that keeled over a few meters in front of us just from waiting in the starting chute. 

These Europeans can't handle high temps. Just the way it is. 

The wife and I did a 'colour run' a few weeks back - a short 5km run along the beach and boardwalk where you get thrown with coloured powder that would probably give you cancer in a few years' time. Anyways, it was about 25°C and there was a lady that keeled over a few meters in front of us just from waiting in the starting chute. 

These Europeans can't handle high temps. Just the way it is. 

But the run in below zero temperatures and in the snow........

Good to see

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

But ASA after extensive investigations, and after pretending to watch hours of video footage have determined that the winner of the ladies race paced her husband for 200 meters at the start of the race, and against all instructions obscured the ASA advertising banner from the television camera with her arm for three seconds on five different occasions, and furthermore actually entered an "assisted" race, which the ASA incorrectly used as a qualifier race or the SA team, with the intention of not qualifying or if qualifying, not accepting selection for the SA team.  Furthermore, she brought ASA, and by implication road running, into disrepute, by pointing out that the interval between Comrades and the 100km world championship was so short, that even Wonderwoman on EPO could not recover sufficiently, AND also pointed out that only someone who had inherited the Gupta wealth could afford to train for both comrades and the 100km World Championships full time without financial support from ASA....

For this reason she no longer is seen by ASA to have won the race, even though she did...

But ASA after extensive investigations, and after pretending to watch hours of video footage have determined that the winner of the ladies race paced her husband for 200 meters at the start of the race, and against all instructions obscured the ASA advertising banner from the television camera with her arm for three seconds on five different occasions, and furthermore actually entered an "assisted" race, which the ASA incorrectly used as a qualifier race or the SA team, with the intention of not qualifying or if qualifying, not accepting selection for the SA team. Furthermore, she brought ASA, and by implication road running, into disrepute, by pointing out that the interval between Comrades and the 100km world championship was so short, that even Wonderwoman on EPO could not recover sufficiently, AND also pointed out that only someone who had inherited the Gupta wealth could afford to train for both comrades and the 100km World Championships full time without financial support from ASA....

For this reason she no longer is seen by ASA to have won the race, even though she did...

ASA makes my blood boil

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/opinionista/2018-07-24-overcoming-years-of-addiction-by-running-a-new-route/

if you are a softy like me you may find the air a bit dusty while reading this.

makes you wonder how much running plays in your own personal therapy. i would say a fair bit

This has made me very weepy, considering that my father passed away the Monday before he was supposed to have supported me at the Rhodes Run.

This has made me very weepy, considering that my father passed away the Monday before he was supposed to have supported me at the Rhodes Run.

This recent Rhodes run?... Sorry to hear this

I have just had my parents over after bit having seen them for a year.. And my dad is very fragile now.. Really tugged at those paternal strings for me too

This recent Rhodes run?... Sorry to hear this

I have just had my parents over after bit having seen them for a year.. And my dad is very fragile now.. Really tugged at those paternal strings for me too

It was a hard two weeks, the run gave me some release, but the funeral was only the following Saturday, so I was in a state of emotional limbo for the week before and after the run.

All I can say is cherish and treasure the time you have with your parents while you can.  No-one lives forever.