ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean that there might be some Comrades special coming up, ha ha ;)

Seriously though, good on you for entering.

Definitely - same as last year ;)

my though on tapering for marathons in lue of preparation for comrades is......easy slow thursday run and rest on Friday and saturday

How's everyones training going - I am definitely in a better position that I was this time last year....gonna keep it steady with about 40 -50 km per week till the end of the year and then start ramping it up from january

Got a half coming up on 8th Nov with a goal to do my qualie in Feb next year

I read somewhere that you had to start tapering for a marathon from 3 weeks out, but as you mentioned the ultimate goal here is Comrades and not a blistering Marathon. So I see the logic in what you are saying, thanks , this is another important piece of advice greatly appreciated.

I have now built myself up to 15km of easy jogging at a time while riding on alternative days. Had my best run yesterday, nothing special happened, i just loved every single sec of it.

Next wkn is my 1st Triathlon, then after the 947 i plan on building on the running, and using the Johnson Crane Marathon on the 31st Jan as my Qualifier.

I think we should start a BikeHUB Strava Comrades Running group

Created a "BikeHub" club, is that correct? If so i need names to invite everyone.

If incorrect i will leave it up to someone else to create as i don't know how.

Till when can you enter? Could I still enter by the end of the month?

Entries close 30th November or when 20K cap is reached, they on 12363 at the moment so you should be good

Edited by ScottC-M

Don't know whether it's to do with the setup of the group (or my user setup) - but I ONLY see cycling activity. One thing that the leaderboards are for cycling, but even the "recent activity" tab only shows cycling acticity and not even my runs from yesterday or Saturday. Also none for anybody else, but I know I've done those runs...

Entries close 30th November or when 20K cap is reached, they on 12363 at the moment so you should be good

Sorry but can I enter, then join a club etc?

How do you change it to show running stats?

I changed it to running and now I'm no longer on the leader board :-D