ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why.... But walmsley rubs me the wrong way

+100.  And in my case I know why!      

But that does not change the fact that he is brilliant yes. 

+100.  And in my case I know why!      

But that does not change the fact that he is brilliant yes. 

As a matter of interest, why does he rub you the wrong way?

I also massively appreciate his efforts but I am also rubbed the wrong way by him..... (insert frotting joke)

I enjoy Tommy Puzey, part of his 'crew', but their whole social campaign and media presence annoys me.

Next I'm going to be editor of the echo..... 

I dig Walmsley, sometimes he goes a bit maverick, but it takes certain mindset to say record or hospital that is the goal for today. I also like that he is an all round runner. He can run road, sub 14min 5km to 100 miler trail runs. DOn't see a lot of pro runners diversifying...

On the diversity front. Have you seen how well the top Dusi paddlers run. I saw Hank McGregor won a trail run on the weekend in KZN. 

I dig Walmsley, sometimes he goes a bit maverick, but it takes certain mindset to say record or hospital that is the goal for today. I also like that he is an all round runner. He can run road, sub 14min 5km to 100 miler trail runs. DOn't see a lot of pro runners diversifying...

On the diversity front. Have you seen how well the top Dusi paddlers run. I saw Hank McGregor won a trail run on the weekend in KZN. 

Ja, my issue is not his actual athleticism, but more the way he comes across sometimes in his interviews and socials.

I have absolutely no real reason to dislike him and I'm sure he wouldn't care a whit, but it's like when you are sure you smell a fart when you haven't farted but are alone in the room.......

As a physical specimen he is phenomenal and some of the crazy things he has attempted (and pulled off) deserve the plaudits.

As a matter of interest, why does he rub you the wrong way?

I also massively appreciate his efforts but I am also rubbed the wrong way by him..... (insert frotting joke)

I enjoy Tommy Puzey, part of his 'crew', but their whole social campaign and media presence annoys me.

Next I'm going to be editor of the echo..... 

A guy who chose to spend 24 hours a day in an underground bunker with nukes must be pretty 'different'. I think Jim just has a unique personality.

Love Tommy, what a fascinating guy. I see he's changed sponsors and is about to unveil a Craft (as in the cycling gear) shoe in the same vein as Next%'s etc.

On that, did everyone see the ungodly beasts Adidas unleashed at Houston?!

post-90313-0-06684700-1579534023_thumb.png

A guy who chose to spend 24 hours a day in an underground bunker with nukes must be pretty 'different'. I think Jim just has a unique personality.

Love Tommy, what a fascinating guy. I see he's changed sponsors and is about to unveil a Craft (as in the cycling gear) shoe in the same vein as Next%'s etc.

If stack height is likely to be the factor between a yay or nay on shoe approval then I doubt these will be approved if the Next % are right on the limit

Those top paddlers are incredible athletes. Watching them unleash on the running sections, with a boat on their shoulder and through some seriously technical and steep terrain is a treat.

Good day everyone

This is a bit of a weird request and I don't really know where I should post this, but anyways...

To make a long story short my carbon frame cracked beyond repair and I would like to know if anyone could possibly borrow me a bike for the day of the Cape Town Cycle Tour. I would also rent it as long as it is not an outlandishly high price. I am a student at Stellenbosch University and therefore cannot afford a new bike at the moment, but would like to ride the Argus.

I don't mind if it is a road bike or mountain bike and I am not really chasing crazy times this year as my bike is obviously broken and I am training on a friends bike (He is also riding).

Thanx everyone

Good day everyone

This is a bit of a weird request and I don't really know where I should post this, but anyways...

To make a long story short my carbon frame cracked beyond repair and I would like to know if anyone could possibly borrow me a bike for the day of the Cape Town Cycle Tour. I would also rent it as long as it is not an outlandishly high price. I am a student at Stellenbosch University and therefore cannot afford a new bike at the moment, but would like to ride the Argus.

I don't mind if it is a road bike or mountain bike and I am not really chasing crazy times this year as my bike is obviously broken and I am training on a friends bike (He is also riding).

Thanx everyone

Think you've got the wrong thread here.. Maybe start a new dedicated thread

Yeah... 'Unique'.. I'm 100% sure there are plenty of people who regard me as a lonely fart too, so 'no harm no foul'...

I saw those and wondered if Adidas were starting a new endurance speed lawn bowls craze.......

Ja, my issue is not his actual athleticism, but more the way he comes across sometimes in his interviews and socials.

Lets just say I'm more the R Feferer kind of fan than the Walmsley type of fan.  True champs stay humble in my books.  

This type of attitudes does not speak to me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52n2ZFoQzNE

But that takes nothing away from his brilliance, he has amazing abilities! 

So... Maxed merchandise this year at Comrades. 

Well, at least that means I won't be buying a lot this year

I have 3 x 21 or 42km Johnson Crane entries available for free if anyone is interested.

They changed the start time to 5:30 am.

I might also bail on doing my 21km... I'll have to get up at 3am almost  :blush: