Motorcycles + Two-strokes + IOMTT talk

nathrix

That's a proper "fix the rev counter" job you did there.

:thumbup:

To get the rev-counter off I had to remove the clocks.  Which meant also the headlight.  The headlight bracket was rusted so I took that off for powder-coating.  You can't just sent in one part, so I took off the bars to send them and the top-yoke in too.  Which meant dropping the forks.  But the front disk was so worn I had to take off the front wheel to yet the caliper off, which showed an oil leak in the forks, and rusted spokes on the front wheel.  And the radiator brackets were rusted too so I quickly took off the radiators.....and you can see where it went from there......

post-15215-0-51670600-1446631286_thumb.jpg

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for an "old" PW50 to restore, and pass on to my lightie if any one has one for sale.

I have an old MT50 at my folks place... dont think it has moved in 20 years...

I had one of those!! Was my first "brand new" bike in 1980/1 I think. Dad still told me "Your'e costing me a fortune, this thing was R500.00."  

Nearly lost my leg on it when I T boned a car that turned infront of me.

I had one of those!! Was my first "brand new" bike in 1980/1 I think. Dad still told me "Your'e costing me a fortune, this thing was R500.00."  

Nearly lost my leg on it when I T boned a car that turned infront of me.

AHA!!!! so you are also an old f..er ... just like me... :) Pretty sure mine is an '81 model - first bike.... followed by an XR200, RD350,  and GS1100... then I got a car... and now a scooter too... :)

I think you would be pleasantly surprised what people would pay for your old MT50......

Or even shocked maybe

Might be a bit big for a 5 year old.

We had an oke a school who had one of these, he used to hang on cars to go faster.

Might be a bit big for a 5 year old.

We had an oke a school who had one of these, he used to hang on cars to go faster.

I finally figured out you are looking for one of those mini pit bike numbers - a mate of mine has one he hasn't used in years - will ask him if he wants to sell for you.

My school run was 26km each way..... :) was great with the PE wind behind.... the other way.... not so much... :)

I think you would be pleasantly surprised what people would pay for your old MT50......

Or even shocked maybe

If someone wants it I am open to offers - any and all comers welcome.... bring cash - bike is in PE

Edited by V12man

If someone wants it I am open to offers - any and all comers welcome.... bring cash - bike is in PE

Will you post it? :whistling:  :ph34r: