Bicycle Insurance - Help

Jackson123

I insured my cars with King Price insurance today and they charged me R1 to insure my bike, no jokes R1 cover with R500 excess. you can insure 1 bike per car. I have 2 cars and insured 2 bikes for R2.

Thanks - this is good to know. I am with KP too.. Going to give them a shout in the AM to get my bikes insured.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, they're the abnormal ones for not understanding common sense... ;)

3691b38f7904e6a0bddd9e0771dbbd07.jpg
Don't joke.

I had an accident at botanical gardens a few weeks back. Misjudged a drop off, over the bars, smacked a tree with my face about 2M up and fell to the ground.

I was semi unconscious for a bit and by the time I came around there were a few other cyclists standing around me. First words to them - is my bike still okay! Before nursing my wounds, I had my bike upright and checked out for damage.

Don't joke.

I had an accident at botanical gardens a few weeks back. Misjudged a drop off, over the bars, smacked a tree with my face about 2M up and fell to the ground.

I was semi unconscious for a bit and by the time I came around there were a few other cyclists standing around me. First words to them - is my bike still okay! Before nursing my wounds, I had my bike upright and checked out for damage.

Many a true word is spoken in jest... ;)

I also have checked the bike before myself in every crash.

Don't joke.

hehe, about 3 weeks ago my wife fell during our morning ride- her first fall since she start riding 5 years ago (we're roadies). I heard her screaming and falling behind me, but when I turned around she already was walking to the side of the road- there was vehicles approaching.

So immediately get of my bike, pick hers up and check it out properly to see if it was ok. I could saw that she was ok.

As you can all well understand I'm still trying to make up brownie points.

hehe, about 3 weeks ago my wife fell during our morning ride- her first fall since she start riding 5 years ago (we're roadies). I heard her screaming and falling behind me, but when I turned around she already was walking to the side of the road- there was vehicles approaching.

So immediately get of my bike, pick hers up and check it out properly to see if it was ok. I could saw that she was ok.

As you can all well understand I'm still trying to make up brownie points.

Lol. Now THAT was not a clever move [emoji16]

so I had a fall 3 weeks ago.

Bike was ok, just some serious cosmetic damage to the shifters, saddle, my shoes and helmet.

It took 11 days for Integrisure to finalize this claim and now will be another 48 working hours to pay out.

to anyone looking to change, please DO NOT move to INTEGRISURE.

Edit.

HBO, I received your PM but was in hospital at the time after my fall. Will get in touch soon regarding the insurance.

as far as I know Echelon is a product of Santam

A UMA trading on the Santam license.

So in effect they are a seperate company but share in the underrritng profits of their book on Santam, therefore they cannot sell directly but only through brokers.

Have heard good things about them, especially on high value vehicles.

Hi all.

I would like to get some advice from you.

I am currently with Compendium insurance brokers, and have seen that they work with Infiniti insurance. 

Is this good, anybody had any experiences (good or bad) with the broker or insurance company? Also, I would like to know, if there are brokers in the Centurion area, which you would recommend? I have seen that Santam is looking like a good insurance company, but I do not mind going through a broker if I ever need to claim.

Many thanks, I appreciate it.

Hi all.

I am currently with Compendium insurance brokers, and have seen that they work with Infiniti insurance. 

Is this good, anybody had any experiences (good or bad) with the broker or insurance company? Also, I would like to know, if there are brokers in the Centurion area, which you would recommend? I have seen that Santam is looking like a good insurance company, but I do not mind going through a broker if I ever need to claim.

Rather ask for opinions, giving advice on a public forum can get you into trouble, if it doesn't work out.

Compendium has been around for a while, so you should be sorted. Don't think I saw any negatives around them in this tread

Hi all.

Hollard had a stake in them. Bidvest has bought a majority share in compedium now.

As a broker, Compendium are good guys and are big supporters of cycling. They sponsor Bonitas as well a few smaller iniatives here and there in Durban.

• 2 months later...

as far as I know Echelon is a product of Santam

I'm with Echelon, through an excellent broker.

Handled my claim well and within two weeks, I was compensated.

IMO, the broker was the key here!

Archived