News bot

Naysayers need to actually look at the fact he is a proven winner, one of the top 3 sprinters in the world, has pulled a very decent set of results this season. He is the one sprinter that everyone interviews as to why he hasn't won almost every race he enters exactly because he is so prolific. 

He's actually taken a gamble on the team as well don't forget. Not World Tour, no proven train, not guarenteed invites to races that he's won before and to those he wins at least a stage in each time he enters.

It takes at least 6 months to get a sprint train anywhere near speed. Luckily he has a few team mates around from HTC, SKY and others so don't throw your toys out of the cot if he doesn't nail MSR at first go with the new team... even if they get an entry.  

Come on, rather than kick the ground say what a load of *** let see it as a big thing for the team, it's a big thing for the Qhubeka movement as he's a box office personality and there will be more wins this year than last. 

And if that isn't enough then we could always carry on with the wonder of Goss, Farrar, and a good couple of others that haven't exactly lived up to the pay cheques and hype.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all in all great news for team DD .

I just hope it is not to the detrament of some of our African talent .

However , the experience he ( and Eisel/Renshaw) bring with , bodes well for anyone in the team .

Hope to see them on S Works for 2016

Naysayers need to actually look at the fact he is a proven winner, one of the top 3 sprinters in the world, has pulled a very decent set of results this season. He is the one sprinter that everyone interviews as to why he hasn't won almost every race he enters exactly because he is so prolific. 

He's actually taken a gamble on the team as well don't forget. Not World Tour, no proven train, not guarenteed invites to races that he's won before and to those he wins at least a stage in each time he enters.

It takes at least 6 months to get a sprint train anywhere near speed. Luckily he has a few team mates around from HTC, SKY and others so don't throw your toys out of the cot if he doesn't nail MSR at first go with the new team... even if they get an entry.  

Come on, rather than kick the ground say what a load of *** let see it as a big thing for the team, it's a big thing for the Qhubeka movement as he's a box office personality and there will be more wins this year than last. 

And if that isn't enough then we could always carry on with the wonder of Goss, Farrar, and a good couple of others that haven't exactly lived up to the pay cheques and hype.

I agree, a few years ago from a South African Team perspective there was nothing - now look at what we have:

A team competing in the Top Tours with some of the biggest names in cycling and a sponsor who is also involved with the TDF.

Only good things can come from this.

Wonder if the Argus cycle tour will give him an invite two years in a row?

Better get him and Renshaw a pro-biotics sponsor as well if he's coming out here! Can't have the show pony going down with dodgy guts at the 1st training camp!  ;) 

Wonder if the Argus cycle tour will give him an invite two years in a row?

Well he had till yesterday to register like the rest of us. Freebies from the PPA, PAH!

Well he had till yesterday to register like the rest of us. Freebies from the PPA, PAH!

Who knows, maybe he is a paid up PPA member and already has his entry! 

Lets be honest, he could rock up in Fish Hoek and they would let him ride!!  :whistling:

This is important for squad building, event invites and UCI points.

I think 2016 is going to be disappointing for our African contigent as these signings are going to be used to amass UCI points and then 2017 I would not be surprised to hear that this is a WT team. With that comes an obligation to attend every WT event and this is where I think the constant race exposure will benefit the Africans in the team who are racing 80-100 days a year with the best in the world.

I think it should benefit the African riders, but will they get called on to do the big races as much as before?

I wonder when results and the need for them will overshadow the idea of "building" African cycling?

I think all in all great news for team DD .

I just hope it is not to the detrament of some of our African talent .

However , the experience he ( and Eisel/Renshaw) bring with , bodes well for anyone in the team .

Hope to see them on S Works for 2016

The sexy cervelo/enve wheels remains

I think it should benefit the African riders, but will they get called on to do the big races as much as before?

I wonder when results and the need for them will overshadow the idea of "building" African cycling?

This is all very simple, it comes down to this, $$$. Without dosh you just do the craddle or peninsula loops only paying for your own coffee. 

To be honest, if you create an African team with one South African rider which is sustainable, its better than no African team with no South African riders.

It's great news! I'm super stoked.

Wonder if they'll ditch Cervelo for Spez again?

Enve for Roval?

Oakley will obviously remain

Rotor?