[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought we get around 800/900 or so sub 3's a year.

Only 837 sub3's this year. Thought it shouldve been more what with the good weather?

Beta is 0.92 as per seeding results,  so obviously lot easier than normal ....

Edit: ok, A bit easier

Beta is 0.92 as per seeding results, so obviously lot easier than normal ....

That will bring our seeding down I guess but I agree an "easier tour" or at least easier to ride a better time.

This year was my fastest tour till date but looking at all the other stats (group, age group and overall finish position) It was my worst performance in years.

So shouldve made more of the opportunity provided by the better conditions.

That will bring our seeding down I guess but I agree an "easier tour" or at least easier to ride a better time.

This year was my fastest tour till date but looking at all the other stats (group, age group and overall finish position) It was my worst performance in years.

So shouldve made more of the opportunity provided by the better conditions.

i finished within 40 seconds of 2014 and finished within 20 places.

Just rounded off an amazing week of racing!!

i finished within 40 seconds of 2014 and finished within 20 places.

Just rounded off an amazing week of racing!!

My first thought is that with the weather we shouldve all done better. But there can be many different other variables for your result I'm sure.

For me the first half of the race I battled to get going. Might be your recovery was better. Your fitness is probably better than mine so makes sense.

For now it is what it is. Next week I start working again.

My first thought is that with the weather we shouldve all done better. But there can be many different other variables for your result I'm sure.

For me the first half of the race I battled to get going. Might be your recovery was better. Your fitness is probably better than mine so makes sense.

For now it is what it is. Next week I start working again.

Think it more depends what your previous PB was and start group.

I expected to be lower down the placings, but obviously the majority of sub 3's are between 2:55 and 2:59 strange.

2014 - Y Group - 03:51

2016 - 2A Group - 03:07

Based on my own improvement I thought a lot of it had to do with weather. Seriously, if the wind was being itself like it has been in the last two days I wouldn't have come close.

2014 - Y Group - 03:51

2016 - 2A Group - 03:07

Based on my own improvement I thought a lot of it had to do with weather. Seriously, if the wind was being itself like it has been in the last two days I wouldn't have come close.

I would put it down to the group as well, at least 8 ahead than before, 20 minutes, good weather 20 minutes, fitness and hubber luck 4 minutes.

I see another sh!tstorm brewing. Apparently Sanparks are after some cash as cyclists were 'encroaching' on Sanparks land at the Bar One stop. Sanparks wants R140 from the Cycle Trust for each rider that crossed the chalk line.

Beta is 0.92 as per seeding results, so obviously lot easier than normal ....

The weather certainly helped bunches move at a higher average speed. There was a bit of wind but it only became a factor if you were solo or in a small group where you would be more exposed.

Compared to 2009, the winning time is about 10 min faster in 2016 but slower than 2011(2:32).

I think the reduced number of sub 3 times is more linked to the reduction in available fun rides. People are less prepared with less bunch riding skills. This contributes to lower average speeds with the exception being the elites

I see another sh!tstorm brewing. Apparently Sanparks are after some cash as cyclists were 'encroaching' on Sanparks land at the Bar One stop. Sanparks wants R140 from the Cycle Trust for each rider that crossed the chalk line.

Stop pulling my leg! :eek:

Wait... There were Bar Ones? :drool:

Archived