[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

There will be some sunshine, some wind and, possibly, some rain.

There you go - nailed it :clap:

Thank you forgot a spattering of snow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not having any experience here...

Will there be photo's from Jetline available for us not-so-fast riders? Been trying to see, but it looks like the finish photo's end by about 11:30. Will they upload more as time goes on, or is this it?

give them time. I would say that they have about 200 000+ photo's to go through and upload. probably more so give them time.

How many of those 54 are hubbers?

3 of my team mates did it. One of them is a hubber. The Flying Scot. They where all in 1A. Not sure what time they did the second lap in. They did a few beer stops and pushing of a rhino up suikerbossie.

For a little chuckle look at the back of $ and %, obviously some people that thought they were superstars and begged and got a reseed. 

I know there was a crash in $ but I know of a few that were not in the crash and were just dropped. 

My 60 year old mother managed to beat some of the elite ladies. By looking at their previous results they were moved into the elite start group.

Of the guys that did two laps, would be interesting to see what the fastest combined time was. Less than 7 hours??

First lap 2h53

Second lap 4h05

Haha yes below 7 hours, but for me there was no point in chasing time on the second lap. Man that Bar one water point was nice. Boxes and boxes full of Bar ones...

First lap 2h53

Second lap 4h05

Haha yes below 7 hours, but for me there was no point in chasing time on the second lap. Man that Bar one water point was nice. Boxes and boxes full of Bar ones...

Am I only one above 7 hrs??  Total 7:28.

And Pure Savage socks  ;)

I would just settle for those hoops.

And if you're into socks ;)

post-275-0-73641700-1457435403_thumb.jpg

And wheels

post-275-0-68717300-1457435972_thumb.jpg

RESPECT to all you 2 lap guys. I barely survived 1 lap.

Respect from me too......the only second lap I could do after my first one was a lap dance.......like that was ever going to happen.....come to think of it, a second Argus lap was more likely......but at least I was OK enough to notice the Mavericks aeroplane flying over the finish!   :D

Of the guys that did two laps, would be interesting to see what the fastest combined time was. Less than 7 hours??

First Lap: 2:52:23

Second: 3:28:44

Interesting thing was I drank 1 (and a bit) bottle of water on lap 1 and 4 bottles on lap two and was all out empty for the last 10km too else t would have been more! It got quite hot out there...

Same here, 1 and a half on the first lap and about 5 on the second. About 20 minutes before 1G started I realised I forgot my water bottles in the car. Had a nice warm up run in my cleats back to the CTICC parking to fetch them.

3 of my team mates did it. One of them is a hubber. The Flying Scot. They where all in 1A. Not sure what time they did the second lap in. They did a few beer stops and pushing of a rhino up suikerbossie.

First time CTCT with a first time second loop with a Rhino push up Suikerbossie (kudos to those guys)...

First loop done in 02:53, not really racing just wanted my sub 3.

Second loop we took very easy, took every stop, admired the view, spoke *** as one does, took tons of photos, stopped for lunch in Simon's Town and some beers at the bottom of Chappies - I think the place was called Woodcutters? Rolled over the line in 04:48 as LEGENDS!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Quite a few guys here that klapped the two laps. How much saddle time do you guys put in in training? (Know it's not simply about time but also quality) On my 5 hours/week, no ways I could have gone around again.

Quite a few guys here that klapped the two laps. How much saddle time do you guys put in in training? (Know it's not simply about time but also quality) On my 5 hours/week, no ways I could have gone around again.

8-11 hours a week, around 225km on the road.

Archived