Rookie Review: Pyga OneTen29 - Could she be the one?

raymakestv

Let me preface this article by saying that I am not a pro, or an expert. I do not know the technical details or have any inside scoops. Also, I am not sponsored by, or affiliated to PYGA in any way, and I'm not getting paid to write this review. I do, however, love riding and enjoy writing, and this is merely an average guy's opinion and experience with the Pyga 110 29er.

Click here to view the article

I am a Pyga 110 owner but that Niner looks like a good deal

I spent just under R50k in Q1 this year to get mine built with full XT components, Arch wheels and Rockshox XX suspension.

Could the difference be in the componentry because it is a cross Sram / Shimano built across several groupsets?? Found something similar on a Spez Camber I looked at.

and at a much lower spec.

X1/X01 mix vs GX

Guide RS vs DB5

Dropper vs none

X01 crank vs S1000

Spank Oozy Trail 295 rims vs niner branded bargain rims

Monarch RT3 vs RT

Revelation RCT3 vs Fox 34 performance FIT (let's call it equal here, RCT 3 is equiv of Factory fork, but the 34 is the better chassis)

If you were to spec the Niner with the same components, you'd be FAR higher ito cost. 

So no. No serving happening here. As for 11kg - in this spec? I doubt it. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

X1/X01 mix vs GX

Guide RS vs DB5

Dropper vs none

X01 crank vs S1000

Monarch RT3 vs RT

Revelation RCT3 vs Fox 34 performance FIT (let's call it equal here, RCT 3 is equiv of Factory fork, but the 34 is the better chassis)

If you were to spec the Niner with the same components, you'd be FAR higher ito cost. 

Hey, Foo.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/92a031e0729703243acc1f113f0450f2/tumblr_mfgq9fwl201rw29eto2_500.gif

X1/X01 mix vs GX

Guide RS vs DB5

Dropper vs none

X01 crank vs S1000

Monarch RT3 vs RT

Bam !!

• 2 months later...