Tokai Greenbelt trail

HowardSteele

New Greenbelt biking trail.

..The attached PDF has the trail plans

HAVE YOUR SAY!

DRAFT CONSTANTIA GREEN BELTS CYCLING

The City of Cape Town proposes opening certain green belts in the Constantia Valley to off-road cyclists.

In terms of section 17 of the Local Government: Mun! icipal Syste ms Act, Act 32 of 2000, the public and interested parties or groups are given the opportunity to submit comment, recommendations or input on this proposal to the municipality from 1 to 30 October 2015.

Comment, input or recommendations can be submitted by:

Fax: 0860 535 2868
E-mail: greenbelt.cycling@capetown.gov.za
Post: Subcouncil 20 offices, Alphen Centre, Main Road, Constantia 7800
Internet: www.capetown.gov.za/haveyoursay

Proposal_for_Greenbelt_Cycling_PPP_October_2015.pdf

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all please send an email expressing your  approval for the proposed trails...especially you guys that have been riding this route already .Some of the horse riders and Dog walkers have already expressed their displeasure at sharing the Trail.You can be assured the City of Cape Town have received tons of negative replies.So please send an email to greenbelt.cycling@capetown.gov.za

and get your friends to vote yes

• 2 weeks later...

Just sent my e-mail. Only one week left to have your say. Everybody who rides a mountainbike in the South Peninsular please login and express your support.

If you ever rode in Tokai, or would like to ride there again, or you ride on Table Mountain, Black Hill, Durbanville or Stellenbosch, you can still support this. Even if you live in Gauteng and ride the Spruit, you can still comment on how great it is to have an urban mountainbike trail!

Just click here to comment on line or send and e-mail:

https://www.capetown.gov.za/en/PublicParticipation/Pages/ConstantiaGreenbeltsCyclingProposal.aspx

Mass action can work for cyclists as well as students!

So if i posted a question Would it be OK for me to put a Pink saddle with tassels on my mountain bike this post would now be on its 70th page...post something relevant to mntbiking and its just ignored.Rather disappointing  the response.

Thanks to all of you that have taken the trouble to send off an email.

So if i posted a question Would it be OK for me to put a Pink saddle with tassels on my mountain bike this post would now be on its 70th page...post something relevant to mntbiking and its just ignored.Rather disappointing  the response.

I gather you can get a good deal on a 2nd (or is it now 3rd or 4th hand) Fondriest that is currently lacking a saddle. If you can pick one up and buy a pink saddle to go with it, you are welcome to ride it on the Green Belts.

But first you must get enough hubbers to log in and tell the Mayor #MoreCyclePathsPlease! to get the proposal approved. (If you get that right, I will donate some tassels).

Email sent. 

Two comments.

1: Everyone needs to take the 2 minutes required to respond to the proposal

2: If/when it is passed. Use it responsibly, then we will get more places to ride

New Greenbelt biking tail.

..The attached PDF has the trail plans

HAVE YOUR SAY!

DRAFT CONSTANTIA GREEN BELTS CYCLING

The City of Cape Town proposes opening certain green belts in the Constantia Valley to off-road cyclists.

In terms of section 17 of the Local Government: Mun! icipal Syste ms Act, Act 32 of 2000, the public and interested parties or groups are given the opportunity to submit comment, recommendations or input on this proposal to the municipality from 1 to 30 October 2015.

Comment, input or recommendations can be submitted by:

Fax: 0860 535 2868

E-mail: greenbelt.cycling@capetown.gov.za

Post: Subcouncil 20 offices, Alphen Centre, Main Road, Constantia 7800

Internet: www.capetown.gov.za/haveyoursay

Done. Thank you

Hi all please send an email expressing your approval for the proposed trails...especially you guys that have been riding this route already .Some of the horse riders and Dog walkers have already expressed their displeasure at sharing the Trail.You can be assured the City of Cape Town have received tons of negative replies.So please send an email to greenbelt.cycling@capetown.gov.za

and get your friends to vote yes

Not ignoring it, I have done my "presentation" to them already, even before you posted. there was an earlier link.

Archived