fake frames from Asia

stingray79

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fake branded frames or just unbranded frames? Links?

If the latter most know what they are and you may want to take time to read the chinese carbon thread.

You are not forced to buy such frames but if you want a cheaper chinese carbon frame with a warranty, there are others that offer this.

It only becomes a scam when they are trying to pass fakes off as originals.

Oh and welcome to the hub :)

Edited by shaper

Not mentioning they fake, yes that's not cool. BUT go check on aliexpress and you'll see that with the current exchange rate 10k is pretty much what they going for.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that if it is indeed fake and they don't inform you then we can start the whole cyclescience thread again.

maybe its not fair then to call it a scam but its sad to see guys selling frames that have not got the correct weave at the right places, you will also get crazy carbon creak and you wont be able to get your cash back, the other problem is that the alignment is never correct so when it comes to setting gear.. good luck

I think its a joke that people are selling fake frames for over 10000 on the hub and not even mentioning that they are fake and come with no proper quality backup

Link to the advert??

WTH you talking about? My "fake" unbranded Chinese frame with "wrong weave in the wrong places" has served me extremely well in many races over the last 4 years. Not a day's hassles. Perfect alignment everywhere. No creaking. Don't bash what you have no clue about.

maybe its not fair then to call it a scam but its sad to see guys selling frames that have not got the correct weave at the right places, you will also get crazy carbon creak and you wont be able to get your cash back, the other problem is that the alignment is never correct so when it comes to setting gear.. good luck

You speak from experience, have owned a frame, have had warranty issues?

Others may agree and there will be many that disagree and are very happy with their chinese frame. You can do some more research here if it helps https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/125808-chinese-carbon-thread/

in which case - nothing scammish about it. It's a stock chinese frame from an (assumedly) legitimate frame manufacturer based in the east. 

It's not pretending to be something else, it doesn't have another bike's name on it, it's a blank frame. What you see is what you get.